A/C blowing warm in Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C blowing warm in Silverado

I already posted in the garage but that place looks empty.

So my 2014 silverado ac is blowing warm. Right now when I press the ac button I'm hearing a whistling type of noise coming from the middle top of the dashboard. Haven't had this truck 3 years and this happens. Anyone got any ideas? Low coolant? Accumulator switch? Blend door motor?
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

On my 08 Silverado the blend door motor broke (plastic)and i replaced that, but it was still blowing cold air just stuck on defrost mode and would jump down to feet mode all by it's self. So its probably not that. Do you have freon in it? I also had a small rock fly into my grill and put a little hole in the coil and had to replace that years ago.

Comment

It could be 10 different things. I have had a problem with the highpressure switch on mine. It can be replaced without opening the system. Best to use a scan tool to check it

Comment

Anything blowing warm should be a good thing.

If you,can get to the blend door and see it, that be a first thing to look at since that free to do.

Comment

No warranty being a 14'? How is that shit broke already.... Is the compressor even coming on?

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
            No warranty being a 14'? How is that shit broke already.... Is the compressor even coming on?
            No doubt. Unless you've put over the mileage on it already?
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I just replaced my resistor on my 06 that was doing that. Google it and man they have been burning trucks to the ground and GM won't put out a recall for it. The resistor cost $25 and pigtail was another $35 at autozone and took about 10 minutes to change out.

Comment

Is it blowing cold out of any vents? If so you may need to sync the actuators.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Is it blowing cold out of any vents? If so you may need to sync the actuators.
                  It blows out nothing but warm air. I posted more information on the other thread in the Tech forum.
                  I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                  If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                    Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    No doubt. Unless you've put over the mileage on it already?
                    Truck only has around 56k miles on it. It's due for another oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      Anything blowing warm should be a good thing.

If you,can get to the blend door and see it, that be a first thing to look at since that free to do.
                      I couldn't remove the panel all the way, couldn't reach the last nut on the right side. I did see it but without the right tool to remove the last nut I couldn't unscrew the blend door to take it out and inspect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hell-Bent SS View Post
                        On my 08 Silverado the blend door motor broke (plastic)and i replaced that, but it was still blowing cold air just stuck on defrost mode and would jump down to feet mode all by it's self. So its probably not that. Do you have freon in it? I also had a small rock fly into my grill and put a little hole in the coil and had to replace that years ago.
                        I have no idea, I don't have the proper tools or proper knowledge to mess with that part of the ac system.

Comment

My 2000 Silverado has the AC acting up this summer too. It'll blow ice cold then quit blowing cold until you turn the AC off for a couple minutes then it starts blowing ice cold again once you click it back on

Checked the freon with that gauge that comes on the diy freon cans and it showed to have good pressure.

I've read to check the blend door, check the air gap on the compressor, but haven't been able to take the time to check them yet
                          --Marcus

Comment

Working...
                          X