Home loan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home loan question

Being as this is my first house i have ever purchased, i got a letter in the mail saying annual escrow account disclosure statement, and my question is, what is Hazard insurance?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

homeowners insurance

Comment

Remember that insurance binder and policy you had to get to go to closing? That.

Comment

what would cause home insurance to go up? is it just like auto rates where they go up and down?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
          what would cause home insurance to go up? is it just like auto rates where they go up and down?
          Mostly up. Big hail storms or other natural disasters seem to raise everyone's rates in the area affected even if it didn't hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
            Your hazard insurance as others mentioned is going to be your home insurance.

Depending on what your lender required, a home policy can start as basic as covering your home against a fire and lightning loss only, and can be either adjusted to cover extended coverages for wind/hail etc. It may also very well have everything included from the get go.

If you have had an increase in price on your home insurance it may have been due to the home insurance rates increasing recently due to the hail storms etc earlier this year. Many companies have been increasing prior to that and are readjusting once again their rates.

My agency primarily works through Allstate, but we also broker through several other carriers depending on the circumstances of each client.

You can shoot me an e-mail with your policy information and I can at the very least review your policy and see if there are any suggestions I may have for you, I can also work up some numbers for you and possibly save you $.

Let me know.

-Tony

tdominguez@allstate.com
            Allstate Insurance
            Dominguez Agency
            1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
            Arlington, TX. 76018
            817-405-2011
            tdominguez@allstate.com
            Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Working...
            X