Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me out with a background check for a potential tenant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me out with a background check for a potential tenant?

I've had the greatest tenant in the world for 2 years and now he's moving on so I've got to find a new one(s). He's referred a married couple to me as replacements. He speaks highly of them, so hopefully that saves me the process of interviewing for the next 2 months and turning everyone down, which is pretty much what I did last time until this guy came along.

If you can help out I will pass their info along, thanks much. They've got good references and seem ok in person but I'd like to make sure their background shapes up OK..

Chris

Is this legal? Passing on someone's info like that

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
      Is this legal? Passing on someone's info like that
      Honestly don't know about the legality of it, but it's been done on here for years. And he's certainly within his right to run a background check on a possible tenant.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

There's a couple of folks on here that do that sort of thing for, or at their job, and have checked a couple of people out for me. Can't remember their user names at the moment or I'd just send a PM.

And I know who I'd NOT send someone's info along to..

It's a letter of the law, spirit of the law sort of thing.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can purchase a background check from a few different websites online. Usually Facebook can tell you more about a person than anything else though

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
            I'm pretty sure you can purchase a background check from a few different websites online. Usually Facebook can tell you more about a person than anything else though
            Yup. The fee for background check should be paid by tenant as an application fee. Around 40ish dollars.

Comment

Working...
            X