Finally doing my own business....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally doing my own business....

Like most mechanics, I've been doing side work for the entire time I've had a full time mechanic job, which has been 30+ years.

After several jobs in the past 10 years it's very apparent that working for myself is the only employer I'll ever be content with.

So we'll see how long it lasts.

The only good thing is I'm not going into debt to do this. I have very low overhead and the only employee is my son.
    Last edited by prostock1; 08-10-2016, 05:40 AM. Reason: DaPrez, Tali, Lil Red Penny
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

congrats man

Comment

Congrats, may your endeavor be successful.

Comment

Congratulations! Any make/model or systems specialties?

Comment

Congrats on your decision...

Now, you'll work harder and longer than ever before to ensure your success, but keep the overhead cost low, watch your expenses, charge a fair price to your customers and you'll be fine.

Get back to work... less posting and more wrench turning.

Good Luck
          mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
            Congrats on your decision...

Now, you'll work harder and longer than ever before to ensure your success, but keep the overhead cost low, watch your expenses, charge a fair price to your customers and you'll be fine.

Get back to work... less posting and more wrench turning.

Good Luck
            mardyn
            Man, is this ever true. I left my 'career' job to be my own boss and I've never worked more hours in my life. I was excited that I would be able to go fishing every other Friday, take vacations whenever I want, etc. In the end, I'll never go back to working for someone else but I've definitely got more work to do setting up a support staff so I can take time off.

OP - congrats on taking that huge first step! Good luck with the endeavor and I hope you're as successful as you want to be...

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
              Congrats, may your endeavor be successful.
              ^ this.

David

Comment

You went out on your own because your time is more valuable than anyone you ever worked for was willing to pay you...

don't step into the same trap by charging less than your time is worth just to get a job!
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
                  Like most mechanics, I've been doing side work for the entire time I've had a full time mechanic job, which has been 30+ years.

After several jobs in the past 10 years it's very apparent that working for myself is the only employer I'll ever be content with.

So we'll see how long it lasts.

The only good thing is I'm not going into debt to do this. I have very low overhead and the only employee is my son.
                  Congrats on taking that plunge....hope it works out well for you.
                  Are you doing the work out of your house or have a garage somewhere?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, if that goofy Laser guy can do it, why not?

kidding!

Comment

Post up your shop adress so the board can send you customers

Comment

good luck.

#1 reason for small business failures is treating the money like it is yours .

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          Well, if that goofy Laser guy can do it, why not?

kidding!
                          My thoughts exactly

I don't know Laser, but I like ridning his post about his customers. And his shop looks like a great location.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                            good luck.

#1 reason for small business failures is treating the money like it is yours .
                            You're so right,
                            I really don't need a paycheck coming in. With that said, once all the bills are paid, any left over cash goes back into the business, or just saved for emergencies.

I'm very lucky my wife's income can cover our monthly bills.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good luck mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X