No announcement yet.

HVAC Techs In Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also if the boot isnt insulated well it will condensate.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
      Supply to the kitchen. Also have it on the one in my living room. After a closer look it appears that the register is not fully seated flush against the drywall where all the condensation is taking place.
      If that's feeding the kitchen, then I'm going to stick with this. I had moisture in my rental ceiling last year. Turns out the drain was clogged (both of them) and water was coming out the top of the pan. The evaporator itself had the drain clogged for it, so it was overflowing to the outside pan which was also clogged. The ductwork was absorbing the moisture from the evap pan as the fan would blow it through. I had wet insulation in multiple lines and also a wet spot on the ceiling under the pan. A little plumbing/cleaning solved everything.

I'm going to stick with this:

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      I bet the pan is clogged and the duct work by the blower is soaking up standing water in the drip pan because it's not draining. The air is blowing the water as it picks it up. Check the drain pan.

Comment

My pan that sits under the air handler has a safety switch and cuts the unit off it it gets full of water. Happened a couple of times due to the drain line being clogged. Hopefully later today the tech will find the problem and correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
          My pan that sits under the air handler has a safety switch and cuts the unit off it it gets full of water. Happened a couple of times due to the drain line being clogged. Hopefully later today the tech will find the problem and correct it.
          There is a pan in the evaporator too. Mine was piling up water there and then flowing out the side to the big pan which was also clogged. The ceiling under it had water as a result of the big pan but the lines had water in them from the evap pan. I clean it regularly now. Hope he finds a simple, inexpensive solution for you.

Comment

Well the tech came out and checked everything. System was only 1 pound low. Charged it back up and added some dye. Everything else checked out good. Said to seal up the grills with caulking and that should take care of the condensation problem. Told me that all new construction homes are required for all grills to be sealed like that.

Comment

Working...
            X