Torchy's has a "sercret menu"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    Yup! Have you been to Earls yet? My new favorite pizza place, have tried most of the pizzas on the menu.
    I haven't. But I'm not a pizza fan. When they were building it I was hoping for a steak joint.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      White people tacos, must be better than taco bell, taco casa, fuzzy's........just call them whacos
      I've already trademarked Whacos for my BBQ restaurant idea. It's a piece of white bread folded in half with BBQ in it

Comment

Torchy's is great, but it's "tacos" only in the loosest sense. It's not a direct replacement for the grungy authentic taco joint. Not saying one is objectively better than the other, just different.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Torchy's is great, but it's "tacos" only in the loosest sense. It's not a direct replacement for the grungy authentic taco joint. Not saying one is objectively better than the other, just different.
          Correct.

When does a flour taco distinguish itself from a burrito?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            I've never been to Torchy's, this doesn't sound like something to make me wanna go.
            I'm shocked, since I know you're a foodie and like spicy stuff. Torchy's delivers on both. Lots of options and a revolving door of specials make it a place you ought to try.

Torchy's is a giant leap above street tacos in diversity of ingredients and options. Yes - I get it, adding smoked brisket and jalapeno sausage and green chile queso makes them white people tacos. I love plain ol' brown people tacos as much as anyone, but Torchy's is damned good too.

I honestly don't understand how anyone sets foot in a Fuzzy's. It's below dog food grade. They slather that funky-ass vinegary "garlic sauce" all over everything and they don't offer any salsas to compensate. It's just fucking disgusting.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

My to go place is still is Valerio gas station off hwy 30 and Cherry st in Ft. Worth

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                I don't care much for Fuzzy's either. Last time I went the fish taco's had a bad smell. They tried to tel me it's normal. I've never ate tilapia that smelled that fishy, so I gave them back and got pork.
                I'm surprised there was any fish in the fish tacos. Usually the fish tacos are 50% lettuce, 40% cheese, 10% tortilla. I don't know why anyone goes there.

Comment

the best tacos at 3am are at jack in the box

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                    the best tacos at 3am are at jack in the box
                    They raised the prices up on their tacos.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I've already trademarked Whacos for my BBQ restaurant idea. It's a piece of white bread folded in half with BBQ in it
                      Texas toast or bolios?
                      Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        Correct.

When does a flour taco distinguish itself from a burrito?
                        when it's sealed.

A burrito is a larger tortilla and the ends are folded in.... come on man!

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                          Texas toast or bolios?
                          both. two price points!

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                            The wife loves torchys so we go to the southlake one pretty often. It's always chaos in there however.
                            I've been to that location 2-3 times, and I'll never go back. I kept giving them "one more chance". Every single time, the service has been rude, slow, and they fucked up our orders. Plus, it's so packed that people are almost physically fighting over places to sit. I get an hour for lunch, and it's maybe 7 minutes from the office, and we'd be gone at least an hour and a half each time, not by choice. Honestly, with the food being screwed up and/or cold, the only thing we liked there was the queso. Fuck that location.

Had it down in Austin, and enjoyed it. Nothing to write home about, but pretty good. I'd put it a couple of notches above Fuzzy's. I can't get out of either place full without spending well over $20, which kinda sucks for a taco joint.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                              I've been to that location 2-3 times, and I'll never go back. I kept giving them "one more chance". Every single time, the service has been rude, slow, and they fucked up our orders. Plus, it's so packed that people are almost physically fighting over places to sit. I get an hour for lunch, and it's maybe 7 minutes from the office, and we'd be gone at least an hour and a half each time, not by choice. Honestly, with the food being screwed up and/or cold, the only thing we liked there was the queso. Fuck that location.

Had it down in Austin, and enjoyed it. Nothing to write home about, but pretty good. I'd put it a couple of notches above Fuzzy's. I can't get out of either place full without spending well over $20, which kinda sucks for a taco joint.

""The wife loves torchys so we go to the southlake one pretty often"

I hate crowds when eating.

Comment

I must be going to the one in Southlake at the wrong times. I've never been when busy or massive amounts of people.

Comment

Working...
                                X