No announcement yet.

Non-dealers flipping diesels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that is super clean. Wish I could stumble across something like that. Ended up with a 2016 6.0 this past weekend

Comment

I hate you Rreemo! I was looking for one like that before I bought the FX4. If I could find one in good shape and cheap enough I was going to drop the bigger money on my next commuter. My 95 I bought from a old guy just like that. Truck was dead reliable and looked new. The weird metallic green was the only draw back to mine and I hated a standard even though they are solid. Only draw back I had was it never really even warmed up driving 5 miles to work.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        I like them too, but a 6.7 is just amazing.
        My brother in law would beg to differ. He had nothing but problems with his 13 F250. Last straw was the PCM dying at 48K miles and suffering the indignity of being towed to the dealer by my 94 6.5L chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          My brother in law would beg to differ. He had nothing but problems with his 13 F250. Last straw was the PCM dying at 48K miles and suffering the indignity of being towed to the dealer by my 94 6.5L chevy.
          No he wouldn't.

Comment

That's a clean mother fucker. How many miles are on it?

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            I loved () mine and I still love the OBS, but after moving up to a 6.0, I can't see myself going back.
            The 6.0's are by far the cheapest out there, and I have come across some deals on them, but they are just too hit or miss for me.

I like them too, but a 6.7 is just amazing.
            Not a fair comparison though....they are 2 totally different trucks. This isn't a daily driver for me, if it had been I would've for sure gone with a 6.7 truck.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            damn Rreemo, that thing is grandpa fresh!
            It was owned by a 72yr old grandpa!

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            I hate you Rreemo! I was looking for one like that before I bought the FX4. If I could find one in good shape and cheap enough I was going to drop the bigger money on my next commuter. My 95 I bought from a old guy just like that. Truck was dead reliable and looked new. The weird metallic green was the only draw back to mine and I hated a standard even though they are solid. Only draw back I had was it never really even warmed up driving 5 miles to work.
            I'm somewhat amazed that he agreed to sell it at all, and while I didn't steal it from him, we are both happy where it ended up on price. I've been watching a lot of them on Ebay....I think it would sell out there $1K-$2K more than I bought it for. I'll probably keep it for a year and flip it when it's closer to 170K on the miles. I'm curious to see what the market is going to do on these trucks...it has climbed steadily over the past few years, at least for the clean ones. Considering the SWB crew cab was only built 2yrs, I'm thinking they will at least hold value for some time if nothing else.

Some of you guys will recall my old thread a few years ago on that junk assed 12' King Ranch that I made them take back at GVF...it put a really bad taste in my mouth for those trucks, but now I'm hoping it was just a bad example. Hearing more and more good things and have some friends owning them with good results....there are a lot of them out there with high miles and no issues. I'm sure I'll still try out another one eventually, but for the time-being I'll enjoy another OBS (what I'm most familiar with) .
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

No he wouldn't.
              The dodge cummins sitting in his driveway says that he would.

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post

Some of you guys will recall my old thread a few years ago on that junk assed 12' King Ranch that I made them take back at GVF...it put a really bad taste in my mouth for those trucks, but now I'm hoping it was just a bad example. Hearing more and more good things and have some friends owning them with good results....there are a lot of them out there with high miles and no issues. I'm sure I'll still try out another one eventually, but for the time-being I'll enjoy another OBS (what I'm most familiar with) .
              Nice miles on it too. I don't get why so many like that 6.7L, i've heard a lot of horror stories about it.

Comment

talk about unlucky!!!

the nice thing is that the PCM's rarely fail and can be bought on ebay for a couple hundred bucks
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

The dodge cummins sitting in his driveway says that he would.
                  Big whoop

Comment

I've got 65k miles between my 14 and 15 6.7 and never a problem. But I can say the same for my 6.4 and 6.o DD prior to this. Deleted and tuned.

I also have two 07 6.0, one with 205k miles, and I wouldn't call them problematic. The one with 205 still has egr and cat etc. I've got a clean 02 7.3 and it breaks at times. They've all got faults, I'd just rather have them in a Ford wrapper. I really like 6.0 trucks though. I also change oil every 3-4k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      talk about unlucky!!!

the nice thing is that the PCM's rarely fail and can be bought on ebay for a couple hundred bucks
                      It was weird, he drove it to the car wash and it died. Had problems with the power folding mirrors and a couple of other weird bugs as well.

Big whoop
                      You seem very antagonistic for no reason. Have a beer and relax.

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                      I've got 65k miles between my 14 and 15 6.7 and never a problem. But I can say the same for my 6.4 and 6.o DD prior to this. Deleted and tuned.

I also have two 07 6.0, one with 205k miles, and I wouldn't call them problematic. The one with 205 still has egr and cat etc. I've got a clean 02 7.3 and it breaks at times. They've all got faults, I'd just rather have them in a Ford wrapper. I really like 6.0 trucks though. I also change oil every 3-4k miles.
                      The 6.5L chevys have a horrible reputation, yet I haven't had a single issue with mine. I have reliability mods done to it, but it's been damned solid. Both of us are just lucky I guess.

Comment

It was weird, he drove it to the car wash and it died. Had problems with the power folding mirrors and a couple of other weird bugs as well.
                        Everybody shits the bed once in a while

Ford isn't beyond building a piece of shit! LOL
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                          Crazy thing happened to me...I was actually inquiring on a 6.7 truck, and it turns out the old guy had this hiding in the garage. I can't believe it, but I was actually able to make a deal with him on it instead!

I haven't seen one this clean in the past 10 years...it is literally like brand new on the inside. Garaged since new, all the service records, and even the original window sticker. I just can't get the OBS trucks out of my system!
                          Gorgeous looking truck! Is it a 4X4? I almost bought one myself a few months back before deciding against it because I couldn't pick it up in SLC at the time. It sold before I could pull the trigger and I got a newer gas truck.

Comment

Hell no that guy is high. I missed a 185k mile on Ebay for 12500 not to long ago. It was a original owner truck with Ranch Hands front and rear. The pricing is erratic on those bastards but good deals pop up. I say missed but I was doing something and just couldn't pull the trigger. It was on there a couple of months.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                            X