What did I see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I see?

Today I had to drive to another jobsite to pick up a tool and while I am waiting in the parking lot for the guy to bring it out I see a newer just regular car (think nissan altima or similar) whip into the parking lot and turn down the first row. Mind you this is a gated lot but the gate is open at this time and there are probably 600-700 vehicles in the lot all belonging to the employees. He whips down the first isle and is moving way too fast to be looking for a spot or anything specific. He gets to the end and whips up the next just systematically driving up every row and like I said he is clipping along. When he gets close to me I see that the vehicle has some sort of vinyl number on the windshield which was most likely vehicle # for the company that it belonged to and on all 4 corners of the car on top of the hood and trunk there were sensors pointing out to the sides. The guy was some thug looking dude wearing all dallas cowboys shit basically driving from the back seat he was laid so far back. As soon as he cleared the last row he flew out of there. My first thought was license plate recognition but why? Is there a database for vehicles on a repo list and a reward if found?

There isn't a single consolidated database for cars out for repo but individual lenders certainly offer a bounty when one is located and will have a list.

Comment

So one could start a buisness of finding cars on a repo list and have a small fleet of cars equipped with sensors to find them. You hire a handfull of guys who barely got a GED to drive them around any parking lot they see and bounce the information collected off of a list that you have aquired from the banks?

Comment

I've seen this at my work in Addison. The previous one had cameras all the way around. The one earlier this week looked like the sensors you described. I'v been trying to figure out WTF they are doing and even tried to flag one down in our parking lot. He would'nt stop.

Comment

Repo men are pushing the bounds of personal surveillance by scanning billions of license plates—perhaps even yours.

Comment

They did this shit all the time in all the corporate parking lots in Las Colinas.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That is some crazy stuff. Part of me wants to wish death on people like repo men...but then, I pay my bills so maybe I shouldn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                That is some crazy stuff. Part of me wants to wish death on people like repo men...but then, I pay my bills so maybe I shouldn't care.
                The are just recovering stolen goods, if you sell someone a car and they stop paying you, i'm sure you would try to recover that car.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

He's probably just trying to catch the poke'man.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    So one could start a buisness of finding cars on a repo list
                    The software, hardware, and databases already exist. Repo companies use them. When the camera picks up a vehicle in the database it flags it and tells you who has the contract out for the repo. You can contact them and get a referral or contact them and see if you can repo it, something to that effect. Some of the repo companies have cars they send out as well with the equipment on them.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                      The software, hardware, and databases already exist. Repo companies use them. When the camera picks up a vehicle in the database it flags it and tells you who has the contract out for the repo. You can contact them and get a referral or contact them and see if you can repo it, something to that effect. Some of the repo companies have cars they send out as well with the equipment on them.
                      This is what I saw scanning the lot yesterday. Looked like naynay driving, I guess the dookie industry is not going so well right now.

Comment

I have stopped a few of these repo cars and just like the repo wrecker drivers usually they have warrants and no drivers license.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          Initially most people think that. But all this crap on the private side gets dumped into DRN, who in turn sells that data to whomever they want. I can get the historical sitings on most any plate in LexisNexis. The implications of that are kind of scary if you think about it.

Comment

I guess that's why my shithead neighbor drives around without license plates, going on three months now.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              I have stopped a few of these repo cars and just like the repo wrecker drivers usually they have warrants and no drivers license.
                              Lmao, my dad was a LT for FWPD, and he always told us about the wrecker drivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X