Creede, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creede, Colorado

Love this place, that is all. Currently cloudy and 54.

5/7 thread. Would read again.

Comment

say hi to my parents! they're up there til Sept or so.

We were there for a month from mid June to mid July.
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

You need some land in south fork? My dad has 5 lots he is ready to let go. Price would be...cheap....

Comment

We drove through there a couple weeks ago!

Seriously Cooter, trying not to sound like I am bashing Creede, is there a 'nicer' part? Granted, I only see the little bit coming in then going out of town as we pass through, but man, with all of those trailers right by the road and stuff, it seems kind of crappy.

We did stop and look at a place for sale a little outside of Creede, a few miles towards Lake City, and it was one of the nicest landscaping jobs I have seen at a private home. It really looked like a high end hotel or resort.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
            You need some land in south fork? My dad has 5 lots he is ready to let go. Price would be...cheap....
            I grew up going to South Fork in the summers. How much land and how much is he wanting?

Comment

I like Creede. Been through it a hundred times, but never spent much time there. We make the drive to Freemon's from Lake City every now and then, just for a tasty burger. And they are DAMN tasty! We also have to go there to take the dog to the vet, as we don't have one in LC.

South Fork is really nice, too.

I'm biased as shit, obviously, but if you love Creede, you may really be blown away by Lake City. It's a little smaller, more remote, and even more mountainous.

Comment

Yeah, Creede is one of those places you almost have to live in to get...

we love it!

Freemon's is MY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  Yeah, Creede is one of those places you almost have to live in to get...

we love it!

Freemon's is MY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!
                  Dude, it's so good. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Comment

it's pretty literally never changed food-wise since I was a kid

back in the day you could take a hot shower in the bathroom for free

truly a hidden little gem

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                      I grew up going to South Fork in the summers. How much land and how much is he wanting?

He has 3 lots on Elk Ridge Road (that back up to the national forrest) and 2 lots with an old shed/barn on Thompson Road (down low). I have no idea on the price but I know it will be cheap. When I get back home (currently in Albq NM) I will ask him the next time I see him.

Comment

Details? My in-laws are wanting to move up here somewhere, but they don't need to be as remote or secluded as Lake City or Creede, and Gunnison is just too brutally cold, even compared to here. I'm still not convinced they could handle the CO winters at all, but South Fork has the right kind of proximity to us, while still being closer to the conveniences of city life. They've been looking there.

EDIT: I see your post above. Can you send me details whenever you do get them? Potentially very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          back in the day you could take a hot shower in the bathroom for free
                          That would actually be EXTREMELY handy for people tent-camping in the area. Great grub and a hot shower in one stop? Shit, we used to pay $7 each to shower at the RV park here in LC, and we still had to go elsewhere for food that can't touch Freemon's.

Comment

He has 3 lots on Elk Ridge Road (that back up to the national forrest) and 2 lots with an old shed/barn on Thompson Road (down low). I have no idea on the price but I know it will be cheap. When I get back home (currently in Albq NM) I will ask him the next time I see him.
                            Please send me some information asw well.

Thanks,
                            Randy

Comment

Send me information as well please.

Comment

Working...
                              X