First world problems, vehicle storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Actually, double swing out doors would probably allow you to raise the door height without the worry of where the rolled up door will do. The down side is that the doors may be a PITA when opened.

Maybe those accordion style doors they put facing patios.

Like these but not solid glass (if they can be found):

I think a barn door setup would make more sense. I don't see any reason to do the accordion thing. The garage door is 9' wide, and I have plenty of room to swing two 4.5' doors out.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      I think a barn door setup would make more sense. I don't see any reason to do the accordion thing. The garage door is 9' wide, and I have plenty of room to swing two 4.5' doors out.
      Gotcha, when you said barn door I was thinking of the big doors that slide on a rail, and didn't think you would have room for the doors to 'open'. But yeah, I agree, the regular swing out doors would be sufficient.

The accordion doors are just for the pimp factor!

Comment

Gotcha, when you said barn door I was thinking of the big doors that slide on a rail, and didn't think you would have room for the doors to 'open'. But yeah, I agree, the regular swing out doors would be sufficient.

The accordion doors are just for the pimp factor!
        I would actually like to have those accordian style glass doors going from our living room to the deck, all the way across, but it would be at least a bajillion dollars, and there's not a builder up here I would trust to do the work, anyway.

Comment

I would actually like to have those accordian style glass doors going from our living room to the deck, all the way across, but it would be at least a bajillion dollars, and there's not a builder up here I would trust to do the work, anyway.
          For sure, they are really bad-ass.. One of the many pains of living so remotely!

A sacrifice I would be happy to make as well.

Comment

I keep my boat in a 12x30 for like 500 a year I think. Maybe worth looking into those around lakes or whatever is an acceptable distance from you. Power included.

People store whatever in the spots and there is smaller than 12x30 available in most places too.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

My buddy that owns the window company went to the HQ of those door/window things posted, they are one of two in the US, and it's something like 20k to buy the setup. He's trying to get licensed by them to build them so they can be sold at less than half that price.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Could you go to a coiling door instead of the typical overhead hung door? this way the bulk of the door when open would be above the door opening.

Deflate the tires enough to clear the opening, then re-inflate or put on jack-stands once inside.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

For sure, they are really bad-ass.. One of the many pains of living so remotely!

A sacrifice I would be happy to make as well.
                  A buddy has those type doors on his house in Arlington. The living room opens up to the back porch, the back porch in turn has ~15' ceilings and motorized screens all the way around. It's a pretty baller setup.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Pella has been building doors/windows for a very long time. We looked at a 1957 ranch house that had original Pella sliding room dividers that were badass.

Explore three types of doors. No matter the type of door you need — front door, storm door or patio door — we have options that will meet your needs.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      Could you go to a coiling door instead of the typical overhead hung door? this way the bulk of the door when open would be above the door opening.
                      I think that might actually hang down even lower than the regular door.

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      Deflate the tires enough to clear the opening, then re-inflate or put on jack-stands once inside.
                      They'd have to be flat to clear the door opening. Don't wanna do that.

Comment

Alright, alright, I got it.....

Knockoffs and 100 spokes. Put the Dayton's on it to pull it in the garage, then use your custom made knockoff bead locks on the trail. Win-win.

Or just pony up and get a real garage like the rest of us big timers, heck, I've got cow-skin flooring in my garage and I use the beaks of Cambodian Flamingos on my peg board.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                        X