Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with escalades or yukon denalis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Why? Tell her to stop thinking she'll be hot shit in a 10 year old Cadillac.
    I'll be sure to pass that along since she has no idea I'm shopping. If she knew im getting rid of the ranier she wouldn't be happy. Getting her into a yukon sized suv is going to be tough enough let alone a xl or burban. Both are aweful looking to boot

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Why? Tell her to stop thinking she'll be hot shit in a 10 year old Cadillac.
      Ahahahahaha!!!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

We are going to go look at an '11 Denali tomorrow for my wife, 6.2/AWD for the Alaska winter. 58,000 miles and they are asking $29,500, hoping I can get it for 28k or so, but NavyFederal says book is 32k.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          dash cracks like whoa
          That's no shit.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
            I'll be sure to pass that along since she has no idea I'm shopping. If she knew im getting rid of the ranier she wouldn't be happy. Getting her into a yukon sized suv is going to be tough enough let alone a xl or burban. Both are aweful looking to boot
            You're getting rid of a vehicle that she likes for one that she doesn't and you haven't even told her? That sounds like a plan

Comment

The Suburban platform has been solid for the last 30 years. Typical minor problems. Their most notorious downfall is people don't do their maintenance.

We owned a 2002 for 10 years, bought it new and it was a great vehicle.

They do suck gas, but can haul 8 adults comfortably.

GM knows what makes them money and they don't screw these trucks up.
              sigpic
              "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
              through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
              We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
              my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                You're getting rid of a vehicle that she likes for one that she doesn't and you haven't even told her? That sounds like a plan
                As the saying goes, he's going for forgiveness rather than permission. Women don't think logically, so I get it. My wife is dead set on not having an "SUV," so we got the X4 as a compromise. It was already on the small (but still comfortable) side with 3 of us, especially when family comes to visit, and now with the car seat we have to pack smart. Had I just gotten something bigger, she'd already be over it, and we wouldn't be looking to upgrade.

My only $0.02 is that the "luxury" class isn't the place to look if you are money minded. You are paying more for the exact same vehicle that has a slightly better tactile experience, and different badges.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  My only $0.02 is that the "luxury" class isn't the place to look if you are money minded. You are paying more for the exact same vehicle that has a slightly better tactile experience, and different badges.
                  In the instance of the Escalade ESV over the burban, the extra 100hp and magnetic ride control are worth a lot honestly. Maybe not $15k on the same mileage used trucks....but there IS a very noticeable difference.

Can't comment on the shorties as the only ones I ever drove I couldn't stand the ride and walked away after just a few miles on the test drive.

Comment

As the saying goes, he's going for forgiveness rather than permission. Women don't think logically, so I get it. My wife is dead set on not having an "SUV," so we got the X4 as a compromise. It was already on the small (but still comfortable) side with 3 of us, especially when family comes to visit, and now with the car seat we have to pack smart. Had I just gotten something bigger, she'd already be over it, and we wouldn't be looking to upgrade.

I'm going through somewhat the same thing. Wife refuses to get rid of her compact suv for a larger one. We need something larger when we go on road trips, but she doesn't want a bigger daily driver. So my options are to either sell my ext cab truck, or we get a 3rd vehicle for when we do need the extra space.

All I know is I wouldn't dare take her current vehicle away and just buy her another one, that would be WW3 . She loves that damn car, and I can't blame her, its been dead reliable for 125k miles.

Comment

I have 13' Yukon, and have heard that the DoD is terrible and should be removed with a tune. Why is it terrible and is there anyone locally that does tunes on them?
                      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                        She doesn't understand cars and their value so I don't really bother too much. Once I find something usually I can show her that I'm going to sell her car and break even or make money and get into something newer.

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
                        The Suburban platform has been solid for the last 30 years. Typical minor problems. Their most notorious downfall is people don't do their maintenance.

We owned a 2002 for 10 years, bought it new and it was a great vehicle.

They do suck gas, but can haul 8 adults comfortably.

GM knows what makes them money and they don't screw these trucks up.
                        Thanks. My goal is just to find a well documented/maintained low owner. I personally don't want the size of a burban/XL and he doesn't either.

Yep... she just doesn't get it and isn't logical. I started showing her sequoia's and she actually likes the 05+. I like them as well and the 05 and up got the 5spd auto and a bump in power. They are very similar in cost to the 07 tahoes/yukons.

I've never been a guy who would pick Cadillac, acura, lexus, etc over their equivalent counterpart. The reason I was asking about those 2 specifically is that they are falling in almost identical on prices w/ the Tahoe or standard Yukon. The very minimal increase in price was worth the larger engine, luxuries, etc.

At this point though I think I'm going to avoid the AWD in them since most guys are saying the 07-09 should be left out of consideration. Don't want to spend the money on a 10+.

Comment

Don't forget to factor in the higher cost of parts, should something break. Though specifically with the Caddy/Lincoln, you'd likely be shopping at the Ford/Chevy parts counter for the hard parts, it's the "luxuries" that they'll bend you over for.

Comment

Do you think the denali would be similar to cadillac prices then for parts? I really doubt I'll go with a denali but if the right deal popped up I wouldn't bypass it

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                              Do you think the denali would be similar to cadillac prices then for parts? I really doubt I'll go with a denali but if the right deal popped up I wouldn't bypass it
                              From a strictly dollars and cents value perspective the straight Chevy is the best value of course, but there is also the intangible value of getting to own the "nicer" ride. If that's worth anything to you, I don't think that the may-have-to-spend price for parts is a deal breaker. It all depends on what, if anything needs repair. Because of the shared platform, I don't think that you'll see quite the mark-up that you would see for a BMW or Merc.

I've never owned or had to repair a Caddy or Denali though, so I expect there to be change from my $0.02.

Comment

love the 6.2

Comment

Working...
                                X