Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with escalades or yukon denalis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with escalades or yukon denalis?

Looking at both... My budget says 05-06 but I really like the look of the style of the 07s. I'm sure everyone feels the same but I typically buy a little older so I can buy at a better price.

I know 07 gets the 6.2 which I know very little about other than DOD being shitty. Not sure if deleting it is the best bet or what options are available. 6.0 is a solid motor and will do everything I need.

Simply looking to upgrade the wife from the buick ranier which has been great. Terouble free with only 75k miles. We are a growing family with lots of stuff so this is the route I'm looking at. We drive her vehicle more than the truck for convenience of car seats and storage. I don't mind spending above our normal budget ($10k) for this reason. My biggest issue is I always try to purchase with least amount of miles possible.

They are a Tahoe but fancier and if maintained last a long ass time. MPG isn't great but isn't horrible either.

Comment

$10k or anything near that isn't going to get you an '07 Escalade. If you're trying to get into a GMT920 chassis, your best bet is an '07 Tahoe with over 100k miles in the $10-$13k range.

Comment

07 gets you the 6 spd auto in the escalade. I had an ext and loved it...but it is a wagon full of electronics to fail. Seats are notorious for failed heaters due to wiring harness damage when seat at full rear slide. Leather is pretty but thin and comes apart. Magnetic ride control is digging awesome but expensive when it fails. 22" wheels are thieves wet dreams. Do not get the cream interior....looking at it will stain it.

That being said, I do want another one. Been looking for 2010 Maroon ones but the prices are still high. I would also consider the 2009+ ( I think) Tahoe/Burban with the 5.3 and the 6 spd auto. Runs better than 4 spd and doesn't have the escalade premium and can get cloth interior and a lot more color selections.

Comment

We have an '11 Denali. (6.2 AWD) and Love it.

Most of the issues have been listed above. Earlier 6.2s i believe had the DOD but ours does not.

Seems to wear out brakes a little faster with AWD as the fronts are about done with 70k and my silverado brakes made it past 130 pulling trailers often with heavy rolling stock.

Next one we get will be the same thing.

I wouldn't mind owning the previous body style with a 5.3/6.0 either.

Comment

dash cracks like whoa

Comment

Awesome feedback. To be clear budget is above my normal budget of 10k.

I'm reading anything prior to 2010 is an awd nightmare.

I cant afford a 10 or newer since they are $30k.

Looks like I may need to just go yukon or tahoe due to the crazy electrical and awd issues of the previous models

Comment

Lol.....

EW is right I forgot about the damn dash cracks.... They can be avoided to an extent. I am OCD about the dash in my silverado and it only has one tiny one. The one in the denali was f'd pretty fast because it has the center speaker. Luckily it was replaced under warranty and the new one is solid.

You can still get a Yukon or Tahoe with all the bells and whistles. In a perfect world I'd like a 6.2 with an actual transfer case like my truck but they are hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                  Awesome feedback. To be clear budget is above my normal budget of 10k.

I'm reading anything prior to 2010 is an awd nightmare.

I cant afford a 10 or newer since they are $30k.

Looks like I may need to just go yukon or tahoe due to the crazy electrical and awd issues of the previous models
                  Brakes suck when towing with 22's. I upgraded to EBC green stuff for SUVs and got better but I was towing 8000#.

Burbans, 2011-2013 with 80k can be had for $24-26k in Houston. That's asking price...

Comment

Burbans and Xl are cheaper here too. She wont drive one

I want to be closer to 15 than 25. Tough I know but as always I'll only buy a great deal. Trying to learn as much as I can.
                    Last edited by akfodysvn; 08-03-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Don't all dashes crack these days, for the most part?

Does clear tint help with that at all?
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Yeah wifey has 6.2 Escalade ...no awd issues yet. Dash did crack and had it replaced. A few electrical things stopped working like the fold in mirrors the dvd system. Got that fixed and have not had issue since...Motor and trans are ok...gas is not as bad as the Aramada we use to have.
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I have an 07 Silverado. Things I have replaced after 157k miles. Brake light switch,evap canister solenoid, high pressure ac switch, brakes,rotors. Very reliable would definitely buy another.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                            Burbans and Xl are cheaper here too. She wont drive one
                            Why? Tell her to stop thinking she'll be hot shit in a 10 year old Cadillac.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              Why? Tell her to stop thinking she'll be hot shit in a 10 year old Cadillac.
                              Looooool

Comment

Working...
                              X