Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full on resto project, what will I be getting into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build this

’33 Stage 1 Kit: $10,990 Most people purchase our complete ’33 Hot Rod package, which costs $20,990. ?We also sell…

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
      Its cheap and it wouldn't take much time to complete, and its all reversible. OP said he had little budget and time, but you're right, send it to the customs shop that will bill out 10k to get it running.
      Cheap and reversible would mean using what's there.

Hacking out the front, center, and rear crossmembers of the frame to get IFS and some kind of mounting system for the AOD and rear axle in place is NOT cheap or easy. And I googled it; a Crown Vic front end has a 67.5" track, while stock '34 Ford is 58.5". Might look a little funny!

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Yeah the crown vic front end is wide, didn't know it was that much wider though. I'm honestly not really familiar with older hot rod stuff. But they are bolt on deals. The whole front suspension and steering rack is one unit with the cross member held on by 2 bolts through the frame on each side. Lots of people use them on trucks and other restomods. It's a cheap and easy way to get modern suspenion steering and brakes on an older vehicle.

Last edited by Torinoman; 08-02-2016, 06:10 PM.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Working...
        X