Big deposit on out of state transaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big deposit on out of state transaction

I am trying to buy a trailer from a guy in Oregon, Trailer is 15k, he wants a 3k deposit to bring it to me here in TX. He sent me his drivers license pic and the manufactures certificate on the trailer (no titles in that state, he said). What options do I have to keep my 3k somewhat safe in this situation? I was thinking about sending him a personal check and if he scams me putting a stop payment on it?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Why don't you catch a plane up there, rent a UHaul and drive it back?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Www.escrow.com basically it protects you until you get the trailer. If he won't do it I would tell him good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        I am trying to buy a trailer from a guy in Oregon, Trailer is 15k, he wants a 3k deposit to bring it to me here in TX. He sent me his drivers license pic and the manufactures certificate on the trailer (no titles in that state, he said). What options do I have to keep my 3k somewhat safe in this situation? I was thinking about sending him a personal check and if he scams me putting a stop payment on it?
        What you buying? just an enclosed race trailer or toy hauler?

There are plenty out there to be had so you could walk away for a better deal.

Comment

I feel like my enclosed had an Oregon title fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            What you buying? just an enclosed race trailer or toy hauler?

There are plenty out there to be had so you could walk away for a better deal.
            48 ft enclosed with 24ft living quarters with a single slide out.
            Ive been looking all over the place and i cant find anything comparable for the money, maybe im not looking in the right place.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Quick google search showed titles for trailer in Oregon. Sounds sketchy to me.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                48 ft enclosed with 24ft living quarters with a single slide out.
                Ive been looking all over the place and i cant find anything comparable for the money, maybe im not looking in the right place.
                That is pretty unique...and smells fishy. Good luck.

Comment

PayPal invoice?

Comment

No title for a trailer like that sounds sketchy. I would walk away and find something closer you can deal with in person like TX or OK.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

"If it sounds too good to be true..."

Comment

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Yeah, Oregon has trailer titles.

Comment

Technically , he isn't lying ..HE does not have the "title"
                            Or, so it would appear anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X