Anyone need a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone need a job?

If you’ve ever said to yourself, “Can’t I just have a beer and tour the country and someone pay me for it?” Well, we have really, really good news for you! This job actually exists and The Smithsonian is currently hiring and we have a link to the application!

The Smithsonian is doing research into American craft beer, so they’re going to hire someone to travel around for the next three years to drink beer, talk to brewers, and file reports. And they’re paying $64,650 a year, plus benefits.

Anyone can apply, but they do say they want someone who has an advanced degree in history, food, brewing, culture, or business.

You can link directly to the job description and application here. Deadline to apply is August 10th. Good luck!
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I am down but my degree is in shenanigans.

Comment

I would gain too much weight as I only drink lite beer.

And I would miss my buddy Jack D.

Comment

hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          http://mix1051.cbslocal.com/2016/07/...64000-annualy/

If you’ve ever said to yourself, “Can’t I just have a beer and tour the country and someone pay me for it?” Well, we have really, really good news for you! This job actually exists and The Smithsonian is currently hiring and we have a link to the application!

The Smithsonian is doing research into American craft beer, so they’re going to hire someone to travel around for the next three years to drink beer, talk to brewers, and file reports. And they’re paying $64,650 a year, plus benefits.
          Every job has its downsides I guess. Defeats the purpose of a perfect job doing dang reports though.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Every job has its downsides I guess. Defeats the purpose of a perfect job doing dang reports though.
            Yea, but the reports would be entertaining to read the next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Yea, but the reports would be entertaining to read the next morning.
              "Deer Boss duudes,

The beer here was fuchin awsum. I had tooo drink lots to mak sure, but yea. I might be a late to next place. send moar money to expense accounttt.

Later doods!"
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

They are hiring a beer historian, not a beer sampler. It's not going to be a real easy job. I'd imagine the Brewer's Association has already picked a candidate but since it's a government job they have to give the impression they are hiring outside candidates.

Comment

Big Bend Brewing is hiring and list Beer and Glory as job benefits.

Fast growing, remote brewery in search of extraordinary Packaging Supervisor The Packaging Supervisor will ensure that beer is packaged timely and ready for shipment while maintaining excellent product quality and using appropriate allocation of labor and mechanical resources. This is a mentally and physically intensive

Comment

I am in. Can I use you guys for references!
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      They are hiring a beer historian, not a beer sampler. It's not going to be a real easy job. I'd imagine the Brewer's Association has already picked a candidate but since it's a government job they have to give the impression they are hiring outside candidates.
                      Thanks a lot, Captain Buzzkill!

I can tell them about the history of the beers I drank.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                      X