Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travis County Deputy ambushed and killed in his home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis County Deputy ambushed and killed in his home.

A veteran Texas sheriff's deputy who was set to retire in September was shot at his Round Rock home early Monday morning and later died from his injuries, officials said, announcing that they were searching for two suspects.

Sounds like someone he knew?
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

It sucks that the guy is dead, but I have a question:

Should the killer be charged with killing a cop if it was indeed some random burglary and he shot the cop in a dark yard without knowing it was a cop? You know law enforcement will treat it as a cop killing (not just "regular" murder), whether that was the perp's intent or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post

Should the killer be charged with killing a cop if it was indeed some random burglary and he shot the cop in a dark yard without knowing it was a cop? You know law enforcement will treat it as a cop killing (not just "regular" murder), whether that was the perp's intent or not.
        Killing any person especially any public servant should be max penalty...period. In uniform, in street clothes, random burglary....does not matter. If it is a public servant....sucks to be you....you are DONE. The only way to cut these crimes down is to make the penalty truly fit the crime. I say we go back to an eye for an eye.

Make the pushiment not worth the risk....and it won't be as likely ghey will risk it.

Run from police..automatic 1 year extra added on to the sentence.
        Fight the officer....another automatic year on the sentence
        You shoot the officer....extra 20 years on to the sentence
        2nd and 3 offenses....double and triple time added to the sentence...etc.
        Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 07-25-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

That's terrible!
          God bless him and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post

You have to know it was a peace officer. If he isn't in uniform, that is hard to prove. Perp is still getting capital murder charge though.
            2012 GT500

Comment

"Hamilton said "there's no suggestion" the shooting was an ambush situation, and it's more likely that Hutchinson walked in on a burglar attempting to steal from his shed."
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Damn man...and this shit continues
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                  And it's going to continue.

People are finally fed up enough that they're starting to act on it. It's only going to get worse.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

People are finally fed up enough that they're starting to act on it. It's only going to get worse.
                    Yeah and that is what sucks!
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

We're talking about a burglary here guys..

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      "Hamilton said "there's no suggestion" the shooting was an ambush situation, and it's more likely that Hutchinson walked in on a burglar attempting to steal from his shed."

Comment

He worked on the force for 32 years and was set to retire this September. Condolences to his family.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                          Killing any person especially any public servant should be max penalty...period. In uniform, in street clothes, random burglary....does not matter. If it is a public servant....sucks to be you....you are DONE. The only way to cut these crimes down is to make the penalty truly fit the crime. I say we go back to an eye for an eye.

Make the pushiment not worth the risk....and it won't be as likely ghey will risk it.

See, none of that sounds like equality under the law. If they shoot a citizen versus a police officer, the punishment should be the same because the result is the same and the constitution says we're the same under the law.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post

This thinking doesn't work. No one ever commits a crime thinking they will get busted.

Comment

Little twist to this story from the radio news this morning. The bullet that killed the sergeant ended up being his own bullet. They have not released any more information on it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X