Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drugs are bad.

Dog hooked on heroin and meth is now clean

A meth-addicted puppy who was rescued from a seedy motel room is now finally drug-free.

Bubba, a chirpy seven-month-old terrier mix, has now found a new family after spending four months recovering in Orange County Animal Care.

He had been found festering in a hotel room in Tustin, California and when rescuers first saw him, he was huddled in a corner, listless, and close to death.

‘I walked in and saw all these drugs on the ground,’ Lt Brian Frick, a supervising animal control officer, told the OC Register.

‘I said, “where’s the dog?” and walked around the corner and saw him lying listless. He was so cold and lethargic, I thought it was just he’d been taken from his mom too soon. I never suspected he may have gotten into drugs.’

Bubba, a seven-month-old puppy who underwent four months of treatment for exposure to illegal narcotics, is held at the Orange County Animal Care in Orange, Calif., Wednesday, July 20, 2016. Bubba was found high on methamphetamine and heroin in a Southern California motel room. He is now drug-free and up for adoption.

He was cold and listless in the motel room

His 40-year-old owner Joshua West was arrested on an outstanding warrant, as well as for possession of methamphetamine, heroin and drug paraphernalia.

Meanwhile, when vets ran medical tests on Bubba they found he tested positive for methamphetamine and heroin.

It is unclear whether the dog ingested the drugs or inhaled the fumes.

Since then he has been treated with a regular diet of fluids and healthy food. And finally, last week, his tests came back clear for the first time.

Katie Ingram, assistant director for Orange County Animal Care, holds Bubba, a puppy who underwent four months of treatment for exposure to illegal narcotics, in Orange, Calif., Wednesday, July 20, 2016. Bubba was found high on methamphetamine and heroin in a Southern California motel room. He drug-free, he up for adoption.

An anonymous couple were quick to adopt little Bubba, who is now drug-free and full of life.

Katie Ingram, assistant director of OC Animal Care, said: ‘They were a really nice couple and told us that Bubba would have a sister. Bubba bonded with them immediately.’

Now the pup is enjoying his new home with a loving family.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/21/dog-ho...#ixzz4F3X39Isp

really??? put the fucker to sleep and focus on real issues.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
      Paw lives matter

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
        Paw lives matter
        winner

Comment

god bless.
          He's not a pit bull with cropped ears.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

god bless.
            This was my thought. I understand it's a dog and people love dogs, but c'mon. How many thousands of dollars were spent on cleaning the dog up and getting it healthy again?

And the facility will gripe about not having enough money or needing donations from the public.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Meanwhile....what about his trash owner?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
                Meanwhile....what about his trash owner?

He was arrested on drug possession charges, but no mention of animal cruelty.

Comment

Too bad there's not worthless piece of shit charges. I don't know what's worse doing this to yourself or to an innocent animal but it's probably about the same mentality.

Comment

I'd rather spend a couple thousand on a puppy than any money on a human.

Comment

Barking bad
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

People like that make responsible drug users look bad.
                        .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                        X