X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice tags BTW
    G'Day Mate

Comment

The more I think about it a real deal moving crew would be nicer. I don't seem to want to sweat too much these days.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

I wonder if there are any firefighter's local that still do stuff like this.
        Firemanmoversdfw.com

(817)501-5563

Comment

Neighbor of mine has a moving company and we're not very far from you. Good guy with good reviews when I looked him up. AM Moving Company-Roman Montoya 214.717.0541.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            Did you find them on Craigslist? I've seen an ad for two guys and a 26' truck.
            thumbtack.com You post a want ad and the movers (or whatever you're doing) all send you quotes. You read reviews and make a decision.

We've used thumbtack to find a painter and now movers. I've had good luck both times.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              Why not just hire real movers? Bonded movers could pay for themselves if they drop/break something expensive. If you just hire some dudes, any mistakes or damage are just "sorry bro".
              This.

The driver didn't listen to my instructions to "park in front of the house" and he backed down the driveway, ripping the aerial power service off of my 'new' house in the process. The owner of the company was there within 2 hours and agreed to pay for the repairs. I might've been SOL with some fly-by-night company or a regular Joe from wherever. Use a bonded, licensed company. I had 5-6 quotes on thumbtack within hours of posting the want ad so it's not that hard to find legit companies.

Comment

Working...
              X