Moving soon, need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving soon, need some help

We're looking to move within the next 45 days and could use some strong backs to haul furniture and boxes.

Looking for a couple of high school kids, or someone down on their luck needs a few bucks cash or hell, just anyone in general who wants to work.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who might be please PM me.
    G'Day Mate

I can't offer you a strong back - I just paid to have all of my furniture and appliances moved.

$65/hour for 2 guys and a 26' truck. They took 5.5 hours to load, drive to the new place (2o minutes max) and unload. It was more than worth it in my book. I just wish we would've let them do the little stuff too.

Comment

From where to where? How much stuff to move?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        I can't offer you a strong back - I just paid to have all of my furniture and appliances moved.

$65/hour for 2 guys and a 26' truck. They took 5.5 hours to load, drive to the new place (2o minutes max) and unload. It was more than worth it in my book. I just wish we would've let them do the little stuff too.
        Did you find them on Craigslist? I've seen an ad for two guys and a 26' truck.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          From where to where? How much stuff to move?
          Across town, a four bedroom house full of furniture and a shed/garage full of car parts and various tools & materials.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Why not just hire real movers? Bonded movers could pay for themselves if they drop/break something expensive. If you just hire some dudes, any mistakes or damage are just "sorry bro".

Comment

We just used AB Moving. 3 guys, 24-26' truck. Took them 4 hours. Didn't mess up an item or ding a wall. Total was $445. Well worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                Why not just hire real movers? Bonded movers could pay for themselves if they drop/break something expensive. If you just hire some dudes, any mistakes or damage are just "sorry bro".
                We're not moving cow skin rugs, just normal everyday people stuff. My kids tear up crap worse than any hired adult could do. Plus I'll be there to help/supervise, not looking to have a crew do it, just a few bodies to boss around for a couple of hours.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                  We just used AB Moving. 3 guys, 24-26' truck. Took them 4 hours. Didn't mess up an item or ding a wall. Total was $445. Well worth it!
                  Was everything packed/disassembled waiting on them?
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

We took apart the beds and had about 40-50 boxes packed. They wrapped all furniture and wall hangings. We left dressers full, they just wrapped them and moved them loaded. I moved most of my garage stuff and shed items. The truck they used was completely full.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      We're looking to move within the next 45 days and could use some strong backs to haul furniture and boxes.
                      The best way to find out who your genuine friends are is to ask for their help to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                        We're not moving cow skin rugs, just normal everyday people stuff. My kids tear up crap worse than any hired adult could do. Plus I'll be there to help/supervise, not looking to have a crew do it, just a few bodies to boss around for a couple of hours.
                        I guess. I think you'll find that it isn't that much more expensive, and a big ass truck will make the whole process a lot better.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        The best way to find out who your genuine friends are is to ask for their help to move.
                        Screw that. "Genuine friends" wouldn't do that to people they like. At least, grown ass adults wouldn't.

Comment

Apple Moving has done our moves. I have them move all the big stuff. 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen table. Has cost about $300 each time.

let them handle the big stuff and fix what they break.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            I guess. I think you'll find that it isn't that much more expensive, and a big ass truck will make the whole process a lot better.

Screw that. "Genuine friends" wouldn't do that to people they like. At least, grown ass adults wouldn't.
                            We had one of the huge U-hauls for the last move and that did make a huge difference.

I wonder if there are any firefighter's local that still do stuff like this.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

x100 on paying a real moving company... Our last move was the first time I have ever paid to use movers, and it was worth every penny. July + 3 story townhouse = best $500 spent.

Comment

Working...
                              X