No announcement yet.

Posssible coup happening in Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad they didn't kill the bastard... another hard-line Islamic regime, just what we need.
    '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

And these animals were voted into europe.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Looks like oil is getting a bump from it.

Photographer: Bloomberg
        Oil Flows Through Turkey Energy Corridor Unhindered as Coup Ends
        Firat Kayakiran Rakteem Katakey
        rakteem
        July 16, 2016 — 12:28 PM PDT
        Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
        Shipping lanes are said to be uninterrupted following unrest
        Authorities call for vigilance against second coup attempt
        Oil is flowing unhindered through Turkey’s pipelines and waterways, one of the world’s largest energy trading corridors, after a coup attempt against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan failed.
        The Turkish straits are open to shipping traffic, an official at the Istanbul-based shipping center said by phone ON Saturday. Crude oil shipments from Azerbaijan and Iraq into Turkey’s Mediterranean port of Ceyhan are operating normally, a port agent said as BP Plc, operator of the Baku-Tifilisi-Ceyhan pipeline, confirmed the oil flow was uninterrupted.

Comment

So now Turkey is run by Islamists?

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
            So now Turkey is run by Islamists?
            Been for a while. Backed Isis in recent years. Military was secular and trying to uphold the constitution, from what I can gather.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              Been for a while. Backed Isis in recent years. Military was secular and trying to uphold the constitution, from what I can gather.
              What shocks me is that the military gave up so quickly and refused or were scared to engage the citizens who blocked their path...with tanks and military hardware at their disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                What shocks me is that the military gave up so quickly and refused or were scared to engage the citizens who blocked their path...with tanks and military hardware at their disposal.
                I wouldn't even surprised at all if Erdogan had out these guys up to it. The "coup" failed too miserably for me to believe it wasn't at a partial setup. It sure gave him the cover he needed to purge his enemies from govt.

Remember, these people know how to have a coup. I have a heard time believing they'd fuck up this badly.

Comment

#jiveturkeys

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post

you know how I know you're a dumbass?
                    A buddy of mine is from there and living in the capital for the summer. He said he could hear bombs going off from his house and had a video of several people pushing a car in front of a tank to try and slow it down.
                    Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    #jiveturkeys

god bless.
                    LOL!

Comment

There's engagements out there if you look, but they aren't pretty. The video of the helicopter shooting down was crazy.

I don't know the details, but maybe they were ordered not to engage the "citizens" while getting to their areas of control.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        #jiveturkeys

god bless.
                        Gold.....

Comment

You cant really win a coup without popular support.

The failed coup is really bad for turkey, as the purge is going to have it leaning more and more islamist.

Comment

Working...
                          X