Here's a challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting.

I do a bit of a social experiment when I'm out in public. I smile and make eye contact with people. It's amazing to see people's reaction, sometimes good and sometimes bad. It's especially easy to do at the grocery store, being that there are aisles setup to walk up and down. I wish I could say that most people smile back, but that generally isnt the case. I've had people get mad at me (odd, since a smile generally doesn't incite rage) and people strike up a conversation with me.

After a while, I started keeping track of who smiled back. I found it interesting that the least likely to smile back was asian women, followed by white women. Black women have been the most likely to smile back, followed by black men. It's been my experience that black men are the most likely to strike up a conversation.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Interesting.

I do a bit of a social experiment when I'm out in public. I smile and make eye contact with people. It's amazing to see people's reaction, sometimes good and sometimes bad. It's especially easy to do at the grocery store, being that there are aisles setup to walk up and down. I wish I could say that most people smile back, but that generally isnt the case. I've had people get mad at me (odd, since a smile generally doesn't incite rage) and people strike up a conversation with me.

After a while, I started keeping track of who smiled back. I found it interesting that the least likely to smile back was asian women, followed by white women. Black women have been the most likely to smile back, followed by black men. It's been my experience that black men are the most likely to strike up a conversation.
      I've gotta say that I generally experience the same results you do with the exact same demographics. My Chinese wife never smiles back at me LOL!

Comment

Great thread and I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Fuck you! You can't tell me what to do, asshole!!
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

In other words, act like your mama is watching.

Comment

Challenge accepted. I generally try to make eye contact with a smile when I'm out but have noticed that most people act as if I'm not even there so it's possible this has caused me to try less. I just got tired of shaking my head in disbelief.

What is this fb page mentioned?

Comment

Working...
              X