Any Houston LEO's on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barronj View Post
    I have her bosses email on her application, and you are goddamn right that I am filling him in once I have the ball rolling.
    Not that it's any of my business...but what would her boss need to be notified for? Her lease agreement doesn't have anything to do with her employment. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't this be a civil matter and not a criminal matter??

Comment

Wow, what a complete shitstorm. How in the ever-loving fuck could she think that ANY of this was anywhere close to okay?
      Unauthorized structural changes to a rental?! WTF?! And that, apparently, is just the tip of the iceberg.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

This is absolutely terrible. I have no doubt that this is happening just as you allege.

Now, calling Houston PD will not get her fired or even get something done as part of her employment. I do thin k it will get her attention and it will let you know that she has been notified that you are aware of her actions.

There is very little that will happen to a police officer for civil violations. I imagine she will claim she rented to one family and then had no knowledge of the other families. Of course its probably a lie, but Houston PD will just want her to end this crooked civil deal and get you off their back.

I highly recommend you email the supervisor and mention you will be filing a complaint with their Internal Affairs Unit.

Now watch all the FTP'ers attack the messenger for da truff.
        1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

I'm not FTP at all, but I do feel that officers of the law need to be held to a higher standard. Civil transgressions such as this are half a step away from criminal actions in my book, and not at all becoming of someone entrusted to enforce the law, and is absolutely indicative if her ability (or lackthereof) to be trusted, and to do her job.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            Typically it is the sheriff, but different jurisdictions have different methods, but I fail to see why the HPD needs to be involved.

If she worked for Xerox, would you call up her boss to complain?
            Actually my point is that most likely she will get free legal representation thanks to the department or the union. Cops generally make bad tenants for this reason. They can tie up an eviction for a long time.

Other unions do the same, teamsters, uaw, etc.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Actually my point is that most likely she will get free legal representation thanks to the department or the union. Cops generally make bad tenants for this reason. They can tie up an eviction for a long time.
              There is no worse tenant than a lawyer. Every time I have leased a property to one, the landlord gets screwed somehow, usually when the lawyer want to terminate the lease early. Every. Single. Time. My sales transactions with attorneys are completely different, for some reason. They play ball.

I'm taking Paladin's advice, although with all the other quality advice on here, it was a tough call to make.

:^)
              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

There is no worse tenant than a lawyer. Every time I have leased a property to one, the landlord gets screwed somehow, usually when the lawyer want to terminate the lease early. Every. Single. Time. My sales transactions with attorneys are completely different, for some reason. They play ball.

I'm taking Paladin's advice, although with all the other quality advice on here, it was a tough call to make.

:^)
                Lay out your complaint in a very orderly, concise manner. Maybe bring up the fact that you have her on a signed contract (stating the violations briefly), have some proof of what is going on in the house, and then mention you are concerned she is violating departmental policy. The "bringing unfavorable justified criticism on the department" is one FWPD has and is used often to justify discipline. I bet Houston has something similar.

Remember, you are being recorded. Do not make this about you dropping F bombs, or being overly emotional and dramatic, or other nonsense. You will be dismissed right off the bat if you do that.

Your first post shows you will probably not do that, but I felt compelled to mention it anyway.

GL on this. It is an embarrassment that this is happening.
                1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

The owner, being overseas, has always had the tenants deposit rent directly to his account each month. I asked him who'd been paying rent, if it was a check from someone or cash/money order. He said they were all cash counter deposits, except for the first one, which was a check.

I had no idea who Tiffany Harris was, never heard of her before, but when I told the owner that I'd called the tenant he'd given me the # for and asked her for Tiffany Harris's information, he dropped the bombshell. The first rent check I ever deposited (one I'd received from the HPD LEO that I'd leased this place to), he sent me a copy (available through online banking), and on the front, it says (HPD LEO's name) or Tiffany Harris.

Wonder how many properties she's doing this on?
                  Last edited by barronj; 07-14-2016, 03:18 PM.
                  Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

The owner, being overseas, has always had the tenants deposit rent directly to his account each month. I asked him who'd been paying rent, if it was a check from someone or cash/money order. He said they were all cash counter deposits, except for the first one, which was a check.

I had no idea who Tiffany Harris was, never heard of her before, but when I told the owner that I'd called the tenant he'd given me the # for and asked her for Tiffany Harris's information, he dropped the bombshell. The first rent check I ever deposited (one I'd received from the HPD LEO that I'd leased this place to), he sent me a copy (available through online banking), and on the front, it says (HPD LEO's name) or Tiffany Harris.

Wonder how many properties she's doing this on?
                    It sure sounds like she may be a scam artist of the lowest order.
                    1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X