Anyone been to oktoberfest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to oktoberfest?

My brother and I were talking about going to Europe and we are thinking about going to Oktoberfest. Anyone been? Tips or other things to see while we are there. We are going to try and stay in hostels.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
    My brother and I were talking about going to Europe and we are thinking about going to Oktoberfest. Anyone been? Tips or other things to see while we are there. We are going to try and stay in hostels.
    Hope you aren't planning on going this year.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We have been wanting to go for a few years but we are waiting to let the refugee situation settle out
      BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
      I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
      PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

yeah, someone on here posted pics a couple years back. it looked amazing. i wanna say he was always in the gun forum.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Barbie View Post
          We have been wanting to go for a few years but we are waiting to let the refugee situation settle out
          Yeah, this. I'd suggest heading to Wurstfest in New Braunfels first. Otherwise you'll be in a country with a million or so extra homeless people.

Comment

Addisons is pretty authentic from what I hear
            2012 GT500

Comment

Me and my friends did 2 weeks in Europe and Oktoberfest in munich was one of our stops in 2010. Oktoberfest was pretty fun and a great experience. The Germans can really put down the beer. The dedicated pass out hill behind the tents is pretty funny to see in person. Go early and grab a table be because they fill up fast, at least at the hofbrau tent they did. I'd also suggest go to dachau concentration camp while in the city, it's a short train ride away. We also went to Amsterdam, Paris and Prague.

Comment

Went to Oktoberfest last year and it was great. I recommend reserving a table versus trying to find a spot to squeeze in. You are stuck with bad time of the day or poor locations. Takes some of the pressure off knowing you have a spot waiting for you. I found a reservation on eBay Germany and it included food and beer vouchers. Ended up being a pretty good deal.

Reserving a table puts you amongst the hardcore Germans too. Tell them you are from Texas and love Bavaria. They are Bavarian first, German second just like we are Texans first, Americans second.

Get the mass transit app on your phone (about $75 Euro?) and use the hell out of the subways, trains, and buses to get around. One of the subways drops you right at the entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  Addisons is pretty authentic from what I hear
                  I go every year and I absolutely love it. The beer they serve you isn't what you normally find here, I got so wasted last year. The food, the people, the beer, the kiosks, and the entertainment are all incredible.

Comment

If you are on the west side of 360 T&P Tavern does a pretty decent Oktoberfest party. Well for that matter so does Rahr but it gets CROWDED!

Comment

Working...
                    X