Fun 4-door daily on a budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
    25 is kind of pushing it otherwise I would already be driving an IS-F.

Why do you say the G is a step down? Just the luxury aspect of it like a 5 series is a step down from a 7? I mean it's a step down in luxury, but considering driving performance I'd imagine the G37 or 5 series would be the step up.

Resale value is just garbage in a g35 because they will finance anyone for them. G37 might be a little better right now but for $7k you can get yourself a good g35. If I was to go with a sedan I would want the v8

Comment

If I was picking over a Rspec 5.0 Genesis, or G37, I'd have to throw money at the genesis instead.

Rspec
      Curb weight: 4,046 lbs
      Horsepower: 429 hp

vs

G37
      Horsepower: 325 to 330 hp
      Curb weight: 3,633 to 4,078 lbs
      sigpic

Comment

Ford Taurus SHO? Seems you can get an earlier one from 2010-2011 for your price range. They run 12s with just a tune.

Comment

25 is kind of pushing it otherwise I would already be driving an IS-F.

Why do you say the G is a step down? Just the luxury aspect of it like a 5 series is a step down from a 7? I mean it's a step down in luxury, but considering driving performance I'd imagine the G37 or 5 series would be the step up.
          I'll see if I can find one around next weekend. Getting a little on the land yacht end of the spectrum for my taste and away from the fun to drive end, but rest drives are free. I'll check it out!
          The Infiniti G35/G37 is in the same category as the BMW 3 series, not the 5 series. The GS 350 and Infiniti M series are in the 5 series category. Keep that in mind when you're thinking about interior space.

Also, I used to work with a guy that had that the same gen LS460 that CJ posted up. It was a loaded out LS460 L, and it was quick with 4 people in it. It was also the second most comfortable car that my ass ever had the pleasure of farting in.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
            Resale value is just garbage in a g35 because they will finance anyone for them.
            Are we really talking resale value on a 8-13 year old car?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              Are we really talking resale value on a 8-13 year old car?
              No shit. I bought one because I needed something decent, that would last me a few years, and then upgrade, and the G's were cheap by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                No shit. I bought one because I needed something decent, that would last me a few years, and then upgrade, and the G's were cheap by comparison.
                See that's a different question, he asked for a decent 4 door car for 15k. He didn't ask for the best car for 8500.

Comment

Seems like you're off the Magnum idea, but in case you're still considering, Steve (JKD) used to bitch about how much SRT parts cost simply because it was an SRT model. Just something to consider.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    (JKD) used to bitch about how much SRT parts cost simply because it was an SRT model.
                    With great power comes great responsibility.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      With great power comes great responsibility.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Infinity parts are going to be expensive too. They are overpriced piles of Nissan.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                          Infinity parts are going to be expensive too. They are overpriced piles of Nissan.

CN
                          Just go to a Nissan place for parts/service ... much cheaper.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                          X