Another rant about engine related repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rant about engine related repairs

Is it becoming the norm for all auto makers, to insist you pull the engine for basic repairs, that in the past could be performed with the engine in the car. ?

2002 F150 4.2 V6, must remove the engine to reseal the oil pan
    2005 Toyota 4-runner 4.7 v8, must remove the engine to replace oil pump, which bolts on to the front of the engine.

Ford 4.0 V6 SOHC has a front and rear timing chain , must remove the engine to replace.

sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Few years ago I was at ford dealer waiting for my GT to get serviced. And I noticed they had a newer model super duty. I watched as they lifted the body off the frame to work on the engine. Which someone on the site mentioned that's it's easier than pulling the engine itself.

The old 03 mustang I had had all the room in the world to work on the engine.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

It's fairly common but it's also fairly common for a new vehicle to go 250k miles without any mechanical problems at all now, while something like an 84 Caprice would have been crushed at well under 150k because it was completely worn out.

Comment

That's the consumer world we live in today! Fuck fixing shit, or making anything serviceable! The profit isn't in fixing shit, only sell shit.

easier, and cheaper to Just by a new one, to last a few years, rinse and repeat!

I like my pre~millennium vehicles.

The one's cash 4 clunkers aimed to get rid of, so they could put you in a brand new piece of shit with 100k warranty! AHAHAH!

Comment

Same with my 01 Ranger, Have to pull the engine (or at least lift it a bit) to change the oil pan......

Comment

My 87 f150 I have to undo the engine mounts and lift the engine to do the oil pan. Nothing has changed.

Comment

on my 68 Cougar I either have to remove the steering linkage or undo the mounts and lift the engine to get the pan off. My dad has a 35 Chevy with the stock I6. I'll go look if that pan can be removed without removing the engine. Then we'll know if things have changed.

Comment

Yeah, I have to pull the entire transmission to change the clutch. I'm outraged!
                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                  Yeah, I have to pull the entire transmission to change the clutch. I'm outraged!
                  My 65 Trans am has a reset button the the transmission to reset the clutch. I'ts a shame how times have changed.

Comment

How often are you mother fuckers changing oil pans?

I expect to pull an engine for that. At least... if I want it to seal LOL

Get at me when you have to REMOVE THE CAB to swap a turbo
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I buy a new car whenever I need a new oil pan. Or just an oil change in general

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        My 65 Trans am has a reset button the the transmission to reset the clutch. I'ts a shame how times have changed.
                        Wonder if SVOs 64 TA was the same.

Mazda 3 or 6 w 4 cyl says remove trans to replace motor. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          I buy a new car whenever I need a new oil pan. Or just an oil change in general
                          Back in my Dodge days, the first time I heard a ball joint pop, the truck was listed for sale.
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            How often are you mother fuckers
                            Why do you have to call us Mother Fuckers ?

Black Lives Matter !!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                            through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                            We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                            my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

That's why I don't buy fords and toyotas

Comment

Working...
                              X