Check you debit/credit accounts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check you debit/credit accounts...

Me, son, and good friend just got hit with some fuckers using our #'s. Bank caught it quick and cancelled. So we're good, just sucks if thats only card you are carrying when out and about. We are different banks too.

That must be why they stopped my charges yesterday when trying to make a big dollar purchase, Damm that was a pain in the butt, but better safe than sorry I guess

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Had an employee tell me they got his debit card today, used it at a gas station and a few other places where they didn't take the chip. He said his buddy got hit too, he thought it happened from them eating at chilis

Comment

Got me too....

Comment

What bank?
          Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
            What bank?
            Just in case you're asking to see if it effects you, the issue is card skimmers, not banks.

Comment

Happened to me 6 or 8 months ago. Never did figure out where it happened but the bank caught it quick.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Easy way to avoid headaches -- The debit/credit card you throw to the dogs swiping at gas stations, Chilis, and online should not be the same account where automated payments and paychecks go into. Separate those and you don't even break a sweat when they steal it.

Apple Pay and PayPal are also great to use whenever possible.
                2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                  Easy way to avoid headaches -- The debit/credit card you throw to the dogs swiping at gas stations, Chilis, and online should not be the same account where automated payments and paychecks go into. Separate those and you don't even break a sweat when they steal it.

This, I have one CC that is used for all my autopay accounts... just sits in the safe and I have never used it online or anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post

Except when the bank pays the charges anyway and just charges you the NSF fees.

Comment

Never use debit cards...credit only. Let all the money come out of the credit card companies wallet, not your checking account.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        Except when the bank pays the charges anyway and just charges you the NSF fees.
                        Then they ship you a new card...with a new number...and every one of your automatic payments stop working (most people's setup).

I'm suggesting two accounts with two cards (one that never leaves home), not zero accounts or cards.
                        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Yea, that's decided to do when I found out. Just haven't been able to hit up the bank. I'll just add another account like mentioned above and just keep it at home.

Comment

So even using the Debit card as a credit card transaction is not safe?

Comment

We have 1 credit card we use for daily transactions, that way if they do steal our number, it's the credit card and not our bank account that gets drained. Let the credit card company deal with getting the money back and we still have our bank account we can get cash out of. Just pay off the balance each month and reap the rewards of the the rewards we accumulate..

Comment

Working...
                              X