2013 Taurus Sho, Why shouldn't I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Taurus Sho, Why shouldn't I?

I like the prices these cars are getting down to, and I like the 2013 interior redesign. Why shouldn't I jump on one of these?

sigpic

bc you take dick up your ass.

Comment

Negatives--Big, 4 doors, bland styling.

Positives--3.5 Ecoboost. Tune, filter, downpipes and exhaust from having a low to mid 12 second Q-ship that will still be docile and return 25 mpg... check with Livernois Motorsports.
      '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Nice car but:

I've got that same style center cluster in my '13 Edge... I despise the "touch" buttons to operate the accessories.

They've now done away with that crap on the newer models as plenty of people found 'em difficult to live with.

Several other small irritants in the Edge, not sure about the car line though.

mardyn

Comment

I fucking love all the technology ford puts into its vehicles, when I test drove the new Truck a few days ago. Made the old 13 mustang feel obsolete.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I had a Taurus Limited as a rental last week. That cabin is a rather nice place to sit, but the tire noise was abysmal. I was wondering if Avis equipped it with really cheap tires.

Comment

I had an 80s SHO in the early 90s and loved the thing but it was modded to hell and back. 470hp at the wheels in a FWD car was a handful. I can only imagine that they have only improved on the concept over the years.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                I had an 80s SHO in the early 90s and loved the thing but it was modded to hell and back. 470hp at the wheels in a FWD car was a handful. I can only imagine that they have only improved on the concept over the years.
                Apples and oranges dude. The real SHO's have nothing to do with the newer ones. The current ones are big and heavy, but are very fast thanks to turbos and technology. But will never match the original's in handling fun to drive factor. That being said there is an AWD Fusion with 375 hp that looks to be the real successor to the early SHO.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Apples and oranges dude. The real SHO's have nothing to do with the newer ones. The current ones are big and heavy, but are very fast thanks to turbos and technology. But will never match the original's in handling fun to drive factor. That being said there is an AWD Fusion with 375 hp that looks to be the real successor to the early SHO.
                  Don't talk to that guy. 470hp Yamaha, sure pal.

And yes the high hp Fusion Sport and it's dressed up cousin the MKZ comes in at 400hp AWD.
                  To the OP, get the Fusion Sport.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

And yes the high hp Fusion Sport and it's dressed up cousin the MKZ comes in at 400hp AWD.
                    I actually believe the part about 470 hp Yamaha, but you will need a healthy blower or turbo and a proper st of forged pistons.

Comment

Yes 470. It had a vortech, Johny Jonson in Garland built the engine and I did the Haltech install and tuning.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        I actually believe the part about 470 hp Yamaha, but you will need a healthy blower or turbo and a proper st of forged pistons.
                        The early to mid 90's were a fun time, in 1994 I was on my second T-bird SC, I knew a few peeps that had 92-95 SHO's and I never saw any dyno sheets making over 400 with blowers or spray. Japanese parts were very hard to come by back then especially rods, pistons and cams. Blowers were available but pulley down to a needle and those high compression Yamaha motors would go BOOM BITCH! Only crate motors were available.
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The early to mid 90's were a fun time, in 1994 I was on my second T-bird SC, I knew a few peeps that had 92-95 SHO's and I never saw any dyno sheets making over 400 with blowers or spray. Japanese parts were very hard to come by back then especially rods, pistons and cams. Blowers were available but pulley down to a needle and those high compression Yamaha motors would go BOOM BITCH! Only crate motors were available.
                          I had a large stash of engines that I grabbed out of crashed SHO's and the one that I ran in my car was a 3.2 with aftermarket rods, forged pistons, and extensively ported heads. It do not remember what trim the blower was but it was upgraded by Vortech and then extrude honed. If I remember correctly it maxed out at close to 16 or 17 psi. The exhaust from the heads to the exhaust tip was all stainless mandrel bends fab up by me and the IC was an air to water with a large tank in the trunk. I had a temp gauge hooked up to the IC coolant tank and do not remember ever seeing it get hotter then 100 degrees. The really shitty thing about the SHO's was the very expensive gasket kit for the engine. It was over $400 back then if I remember correctly and at the time it could only be gotten from the dealer. I got onboard pretty early on with aftermarket engine management systems and that put me well ahead of people trying to make power while using a factory ecu. In almost every example that I can think of an aftermarket system was good for an extra 20% in power over a factory ecu if you knew how to tune. That doesn't seam to be the case anymore.

Edit: The clutch also gave me a bunch of problems at first.
                          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 07-04-2016, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Iirc, they came with 220 hp (even less to the FW). No way to get to near 500hp (you said 470 fwhp) with a blower and all the supporting mods. I don't call bullshit unless I know and I was around back then and the most I ever saw we as around 350 fwhp.

Comment

Iirc, they came with 220 hp (even less to the FW). No way to get to near 500hp (you said 470 fwhp) with a blower and all the supporting mods. I don't call bullshit unless I know and I was around back then and the most I ever saw we as under 350 fwhp.
                              I've seen them make that power in person, those little 6's love boost, when they are set up for it. I personally witnessed a Taurus beat a Kenne Bell equipped 03 Cobra from a slow roll. I really miss mine, I wish I had the time to get it back to road worthiness.

Comment

Working...
                              X