Frontier Communications SUCKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontier Communications SUCKS!

As much as I despise Verizon, they had THE most reliable Internet here in N Tx, but that doesn't matter anymore since they sold us out to Frontier Communications. This shit goes down more than a $20 hooked on half priced night.

I jumped ship to TWC and the install date was 9 days out. The tech said they're seeing a mass exodus from Frontier to TWC because of the sell out. And of course Charter and TWC recently hopped in bed together...

Comment

This is infuriating. I've had cable before, but it's was unreliable like Frontier seems to be. It's the very reason I got Fios to begin with. Have they fixed the reliability issues cable was typically plagued with and do they offer high uplink speeds? I need at least 75Mbit up.

Comment

Playing some games tonight with a buddy on frontier (bf4, battleborn, fractured space). his shit kept dropping, or having voip issues.

Fucking terrible considering the qos that Verizon had.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          Playing some games tonight with a buddy on frontier (bf4, battleborn, fractured space). his shit kept dropping, or having voip issues.

Fucking terrible considering the qos that Verizon had.
          Yup, I'm about to tether my phone...

Comment

I never once had an outage with FIOS in the countless years I had it. I'm sitting here at my old house working on the Frontier internet and my email will just barely connect once in a while. I can't wait to move my office this weekend...

Comment

Yep. They suck in every regard.

I just got off the phone with tech support. I called because I thought maybe I needed to have my ONT rebooted. Instead, I got rushed off the phone after he quickly mentioned something about an outage for customers in Texas. I asked if he had an ETA on the downtime and he simply said nope. He just said call back in 30 minutes or so if you're still having problems and abruptly hung up on me.

I thought Verizon customer service was bad, but these folks are true bottom feeders.

The problem they are having is their DNS servers are having issues with random look ups and can't resolve.

I'm going to switch over to OpenDNS and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                I'm going to switch over to OpenDNS and see what happens.
                Didn't help my buddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Didn't help my buddy.
                  If you can't get

to work for you then try

anything other than Frontier

Comment

He was already using google's dns. Encountered the problem while using them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat
                      Would you look at that. Switched over and everything is working. Golly gee.

Time to do some shopping for a new ISP this weekend.
                      How did opendns help? is frontier throttling or shaping traffic?

Comment

He was already using google's dns. Encountered the problem while using them.
                        That is odd. For me I can't load random links of a google search on Frontier's DNS, but I can now after switching to OpenDNS.

Here is a program that I use to determine the best DNS performance from my location. https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Comment

Looks like mine is back up and running fine.

Comment

Don't bitch, I'm on windstream. I get the privilege of paying $90 a month for a landline and 4.5mps/512k. They ran all new fiber lines all down my street to the nodes, then use the same 60 year old copper phone lines that can do 4.5 max.

Used to have nightly drops and 56K with 1000ms ping, but they finally fixed that shit.

Comment

A good friend worked for Frontier in the local call center a couple of years ago when they only had services in other states. It was a miserable experience for him. Mad people constantly calling in to complain about the slow speeds, frequent stoppages. There was constant pressure to upsell call in customers to more expensive services when they were calling to complain about the slow service. They were required to tell customers they offered services speeds "up to" in the area while knowing that the hardware did not support it. He came home looking like a whipped dog everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X