Street lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street lights

Does anyone here live in or ever lived in a subdivision inside city limits that didn't have street lights? Reason I ask is the subdivision I currently live in has absolutely no lights. some of the people in the HOA think it should be voted on to have them installed but isn't this the responsibility of the city to install these lights?

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
    Does anyone here live in or ever lived in a subdivision inside city limits that didn't have street lights? Reason I ask is the subdivision I currently live in has absolutely no lights. some of the people in the HOA think it should be voted on to have them installed but isn't this the responsibility of the city to install these lights?
    I would think it would be the responsibility of the developer who started the subdivision. Just like the sidewalks.

Comment

In our townhouse subdivision the streetlights belong to the electric company and were part of the original design layout of the community. It would be a lot more costly to install them now than when the power was originally run.

Our lights are limited to one on each end of the street which leaves the majority of the street dark. This is my preference although, like you, several times adding lights has come up for discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        I would think it would be the responsibility of the developer who started the subdivision. Just like the sidewalks.

Yes. Sidewalks do belong to and would be maintained by the city though, at least in Plano.

Comment

I believe the power was ran for them.

Comment

No hoa here, but my street doesnt have lights. I prefer it. Night is supposed to be dark.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              No hoa here, but my street doesnt have lights. I prefer it. Night is supposed to be dark.
              In my neighborhood in Frisco, the streetlights are ungodly bright, and there's one right across the street from my house. We had to put blackout curtains up in our bedroom to be able to sleep, as even with the blinds closed, the light still shone through and kept us awake.

Comment

Working...
              X