Anyone use Lifelock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Lifelock?

I've had a some bullshit happen twice already the last few years. One really sucked, does this type of protection help or just another monthly con to get my monies?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Scam

Comment

My bank, USAA, offers a credit monitoring service with id protection for $8 a month. I don't use it but I'd check with your bank first. There might be a free service for you if you have a credit union

Comment

Lifelock is nothing more than a concierge service for your credit. You can do most of the thing they do on your own for little costs. They've been sued and fined by the FTC multiple times. They also don't pay out claims. Finally, the owner kept putting his social security number out on the radio saying no one could steal his identity but in reality it has been stolen multiple times.

SVTNorthTexas is right, your bank or CU usually offers the same (and more reliable) service for less money.

Comment

Interesting. I Have lifelock and they report to me about 24 hours after I apply for credit.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

You can contact the credit reporting agencies and "freeze" your account. It is $10 and you have to get a pincode to give to anyone wanting to run your credit. You can also opt out of preselect offers which will stop all credit offers from hitting your mailbox.

Comment

Working...
            X