Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anton Yelchin (Chekov from Star Trek) is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton Yelchin (Chekov from Star Trek) is dead.

Actor Anton Yelchin, known for his roles in "Star Trek" and "Alpha Dog," was killed early Sunday morning after getting pinned by his own car ... TMZ has learned.

Originally posted by TMZ
    Actor Anton Yelchin, known for his roles in "Star Trek" and "Alpha Dog," was killed early Sunday morning after getting pinned by his own car ... TMZ has learned.

Yelchin's friends became alarmed because he was supposed to meet them hours earlier for a rehearsal. They went to his San Fernando Valley home at around 1 AM and found him pinned between his car and a brick mailbox, which was attached to a security gate.

Law enforcement tells us the engine was running when his body was discovered, and the car was in neutral. The driveway was on a fairly steep incline. It's unclear why he got out of the car.

Cops do not suspect foul play.

Yelchin was 27.
    sigpic

Well damn thats a shitty way to go out.

Comment

2016 just keeps sucking ass. From what I've heard of him in the past, he was a decent kid.

Comment

Damnit, I really liked his movies. RIP kid.

Comment

Just saw that. Wow that really sucks when it sounds like a pure freak accident. Can this year end already.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Dammit. That sucks.

Comment

That's too bad. Good actor. He was also Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation.

And while we're at it RIP Billy Bob (Ron Lester)

Comment

Wow that sucks,i liked his work. RIP.

Comment

Damn. RIP.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Damnit. Good actor in everything I saw of his. Wonder what this means for Chekov in the next few films?
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Looks like the vehicle that pinned him was a Jeep Grand Cherokee with one of those wonky gear selectors. Folks are speculating that he put the Jeep into Neutral but thought it was in park. My wife has one of these and I can tell you that it can easily happen if you don't pay direct attention the gear you've selected.

Comment

Having worked for Chrysler's Fire & accident division I can say this has been a reoccurring issue they refuse to admit to. When I was there is was common in the ram, I spoke to many people who had been injured in very similar incidents. Chrysler sent out a recall, stated there was no defect but asked owners to bring their vehicles in the have a reverse alert beeper installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn, I drive many different cars daily and these new remote shifters can be very dangerous. I have had may issues with them. I am bummed for this kid, gone too young.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            Looks like the vehicle that pinned him was a Jeep Grand Cherokee with one of those wonky gear selectors. Folks are speculating that he put the Jeep into Neutral but thought it was in park. My wife has one of these and I can tell you that it can easily happen if you don't pay direct attention the gear you've selected.
                            Yup, and it's one of the JGC models under recall for this issue... These funky electronic shifters are fine, but they need to be setup like many german cars. If you open the driver's door and it's not in park, it automatically puts the car in park and/or applies the electronic parking brake.

Definitely a horrible accident

Comment

I drove a brand new Dodge Ram from DFW to Houston and back and it is something to get used to. It seemed weird and could be dangerous if you don't pay attention to it.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X