Wet interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet interior

I completely forgot I left my windows down yesterday afternoon. So the inside of my truck got rained on TWICE from the afternoon storm and the early morning storm today.

Is there any spray recommended to make sure it doesn't start stinking or getting molded? I cracked the windows here at work.

Cracking the windows sounds like what got you in this predicament in the first place. I would use a lot of fans to dry out the air and get the moisture out of the car.

Comment

Well its in a parking garage now

Comment

Ditch the air freshener and target areas that might still feel wet with a blow dryer. Next, get some moisture-absorbent products, such as baking soda, that you can leave inside the car behind each of the seats. This will work over time to dry out your car's cabin and reduce the chance of funky odors taking root.

Comment

air movement is the only thing that will save it. a good shop fan set at the door will do it. best to pull carpet sinse the pad will hold water forever .

Comment

that sucks dude.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

lots of fans and sunlight
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Shop vac on the carpets to suck up puddle water.

Comment

Use soap. Soap, when used appropriately will absolutely suck up everything in there.
                  Use Soap, he sucks.

I kid, I kid.
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Definitely pulle the carpet and pad out. You'll be sorry if you don't. I had to do this once. Once it's out lay it out in the sun and let it cook pad side up first. Then flip it. Then hose both sides down with some febreeze and leave it in the sun to dry. Doing this kept the one I did from having any musty smell at all.
                    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

My trans am vert was turning into a bath tub thanks to a clogged drain. Used a wet dry to siphon it out and left it in the sun with the top down for a few days. No issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X