Anyone built a house recently ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone built a house recently ?

Trying to "ballpark" cost per square foot. Not a DFWM baller place though.
    Was thinking $150 sq foot ? It will be in Gillespie or Blanco county most likely.

I don't know anything about it, but damn that seems steep. 300k for a 2,000sqf home?

Comment

I found an online site costtobuild.net It showed about $200 sq foot. I had heard 150-200 for a decent place..
      Damn thats a lot higher than the first one I ever did.

Comment

You can build cheaper than that. Id plan on $100-110/ft. If you think about self contracting using a service like Ubuildit, you can be in the $90-100/ft range.

Comment

I build new construction in the Forney area. We are building $110-140/Sq Ft.

They are production homes, but finish out is 5" baseboards, crown molding, 3 CM granite in the kitchen, knotty alder stained cabinets in the kitchen, engineered wood floors downstairs (bedrooms are carpet, bathrooms and utility are tile)
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

We had a house built in 2012 and it was under $90 per sq foot. That was a two story with 3300 sq foot and 3 car garage. This was in Fort Worth. Having the same house built here in the Texas Panhandle was $170-$180 per square foot and the lots are cheaper here. So a LOT depends on the area.

Comment

We are building a house right now, all in with 2.5 acres and a 30x40 shop we will end up around $100 a sqft. Just to build the house I think we are in the $85 ish range. It all depends on the upgrades you opt for and the cost of the land.

Comment

Our house was $260k for 2200 and 3 car 1/4 acre. A 3200 two car 1/4 acre lot was done for $360k.

Comment

Ours was $78 a ft in 2012 plus electrical (wired it myself),Septic,water well and land. i bought 5.6 acres with lake views in Sanger 3000sqft house
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Depends what you plan to build and who will build it. I had planned $160 a foot for our architect designed house. Looks like it is going to end up at $200 per foot to get what we want. Custom ain't cheap, that is for damn sure. This is our once in a lifetime "forever" house so we were willing to put a bit more into it. The other consideration is what do similar houses in the area cost and what will your completed house appraise at.
                    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                    Work In Progress

Comment

I paid 103sq ft for mine. Tall ceilings crown moulding granite etc. Not a big house but upgraded

Comment

Mine in Alaska was only $130/sqft! Granite countertops, in floor heat, triple pane windows, very nice appliances and 2 1/2 acres. I would think TX prices would have to less than that.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm guessing we'll come up with the floor plan and shop it to a couple of builders. I'll probably do the finish carpentry and paint to save a few bucks.
                          We found a piece of land we like, but they're asking stupid money for it.

Comment

$100/sq foot for our custom 2700 sqft house. Nothing too fancy but granite in kitchen and all 3 baths. All 3 showers are tiled. Hand scraped hardwood floors, oversized garage. 2x6 construction w/ 1 inch foamboard. 18 seer hvac

Land not included.
                            Last edited by FastFord19; 06-11-2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Our house is a metal house also. Stained concrete, granite everywhere, vaulted ceilings, custom built cabinets, etc.

Here is our progress so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X