Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have any board members that are Lexus techs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any board members that are Lexus techs?

I have a few questions for you, if so.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

You gonna buy a glorified Toyota?

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
      You gonna buy a glorified Toyota?
      A very true statement, after all it's a Toyota.

Not a Lexus Tech, but we've owned one a GS300 Sport Edition for 5 years, it has 175,000 miles, original engine and trans.

Never had a check engine light in the 5 years we've owned it.

Parts seem very expensive for the cars, being a Toyota.

I do all the work.

The most costly repair so far was replacing all of the HVAC flap motors. about $500.00 in parts.

All other repairs have been typical maint., I did rebuild the front suspension and replace all struts and coil springs.
      sigpic
      "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
      through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
      We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
      my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Anytime I've looked up Lexus parts I'd run the number through a Toyota dealer and see if they were available. Lexus dealers mark up their smaller parts a lot more than any other manufacturer while Toyota tends to have the standard cost +10% for jobber.

I've been quoted nearly $500 for a window regulator from Lexus that cost $150 from Toyota.

Comment

Been thinking about getting a Lexus... should I stay away?

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
            Mise well just get a loaded Toyota Camry. I drive a Nissan and feel the exact same way about Infiniti

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
              Nah, I'd recommend going with a British or German luxury car instead. Who wants a car that'll last 20 years without a single mechanical problem? You'll never get to ride in a dealer shuttle van.

Comment

most definitely british. you hardly put miles on your car because you are usually in one of their loaners.

Comment

PM me - I am

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                    Mise well just get a loaded Toyota Camry. I drive a Nissan and feel the exact same way about Infiniti
                    That's a dumb statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      That's a dumb statement.
                      Such a simple person. Bless his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        That's a dumb statement.
                        yeah... we have a 2011 Infiniti M37s and a loaded Maxima of the same year is like comparing apples to oranges

Comment

I like our Acura TL a million times better than the Accord...

Comment

That's why I'm not getting a Lexus for wife. Too much bs parts expensive etc. I think I have talked her into a C6

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Anytime I've looked up Lexus parts I'd run the number through a Toyota dealer and see if they were available. Lexus dealers mark up their smaller parts a lot more than any other manufacturer while Toyota tends to have the standard cost +10% for jobber.

I've been quoted nearly $500 for a window regulator from Lexus that cost $150 from Toyota.
                              If you are member of the Club Lexus forum, there is a guy at Sewell Lexus that still gives a discount on parts through them, it's just not as highly advertised as it used to be

Comment

Working...
                              X