Energy Drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZipFizz has 41,667% DV of B12, damn!
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
      The Bawls are good!
      Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      Blue Bawls, my fav, I try not to drink any of that shit though.
      You guys like the bawls in your mouth.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
        Where do you get these at? I gotta try one now
        Micro center and Frys usually have them. If you wait until August Quakecon will be here and they sell cases(24) for like $30 or 4 for $100. I usually take 4-6 cases home and that lasts me a long ass time even giving away a bunch.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I was just reading that Redline is the "most powerful"

I saw a co-worker bring it to work on day and it says on the label not to drink more than 4oz at a time. :0

Comment

I try to avoid them, I normally drink coffee. My wife drinks the white Monsters but I'm trying to get her to stop drinking those. I do like the "Kronk" or whatever Monster with the football dude on it. But they make me feel like shit after drinking them.

Redline is good IMO, a little tart but it'll get you going

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I used to drink 2-3 a day. I didnt realize how much caffeine they had in them, I just liked the taste. I rarely drink them now ( I dont like caffeine ), but I loved the monster zero sugar flavors and the rockstar 0 sugar ones as well.

Comment

I'm not a fan of gout or kidney stones so I stick with coffee. Currently it's Cain's but normally Royal Cup's house blend.

Comment

I use to chew the hell out of the rockstar gum.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                    Interesting....

As our caffeine database shows, ounce per ounce coffee has more caffeine. For instance:

A fluid ounce of typical filter coffee has 18mg of caffeine.

A fluid ounce of a typical Rockstar or Monster has 10mg of caffeine.

Take a look at Starbucks caffeine and you see a fluid ounce of their brew has 22.5mg of caffeine.
                    What about the other stimulants though? I use to drink the green Monster. I love the taste but something in there messes with my heart in a bad way. I don't know if it's the taurine or something else. I can drink 16 oz. of coffee (in the morning) without any side affects. I can sip on the $1 version of 5hr Energy. I don't recall any sides but for some reason don't like taking the whole shot at once.

I've become pretty sensitive to caffeine for some reason. I can't drink tea after about 6-7 pm or I'll be up all night. Doesn't make me jittery, just keeps me awake when I'm trying to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      I use to chew the hell out of the rockstar gum.
                      I've never saw that before. Does it work??

Comment

Originally posted by svtnorthtexas View Post
                        i've never saw that before. Does it work??
                        helped wake me up a little, but tasted pretty good. Think the discontinued it. Only place ive ever saw it was qt on blue mound road

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          helped wake me up a little, but tasted pretty good. Think the discontinued it. Only place ive ever saw it was qt on blue mound road
                          Jolt still has theirs. Not sure if it's any good.

QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I'm on wild tiger.
                            It's a red bull rip off I semi got hooked on in Iraq. It's hard to get over here, but I just got a case in.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

As other's have said, not trying to sound preachy, but I've given up caffeine pretty much completely. I might drink a half of a large DP from sonic two to three times a month. We drink decaffeinated sweet tea at home, but for the most part I drink about a gallon of water a day and a glass of tea at dinner, maybe a small glass of 2% before bed.

Get off the caffeine completely and get a goods night sleep and you'd be surprised at how you feel.

It's a downward spiral, you're tired so you feel you need the drink, so you drink one, then that doesn't cut it so you need more. You're tired because you drink crap stimulants and then you drink crap stimulants because you're tired.

I'm am nowhere near what anyone would define as in good shape/health, so take the above with a grain of salt.
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                                As other's have said, not trying to sound preachy, but I've given up caffeine pretty much completely. I might drink a half of a large DP from sonic two to three times a month. We drink decaffeinated sweet tea at home, but for the most part I drink about a gallon of water a day and a glass of tea at dinner, maybe a small glass of 2% before bed.

Get off the caffeine completely and get a goods night sleep and you'd be surprised at how you feel.

It's a downward spiral, you're tired so you feel you need the drink, so you drink one, then that doesn't cut it so you need more. You're tired because you drink crap stimulants and then you drink crap stimulants because you're tired.

I'm am nowhere near what anyone would define as in good shape/health, so take the above with a grain of salt.
                                In college, I was assigned the effects of caffeine as a research paper. I was surprised at some of the downsides to it, along with some of the benefits. I chose to give up caffeine for the better part of two years. No coffee, decaff tea if I could, no cokes, etc. Even chocolate. I was working out quite a bit then, and felt a ton better with limited caffeine.

towards the end, one of my customers brought me coffee one morning, and it turned out to be a triple espresso, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

From what little I know, some caffeine is beneficial, constant high doses is not.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X