This is disturbing...FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Are active military able to form unions?
    Nope, and I'm willing to bet that will never happen

Comment

So why should other government employees be able to form unions?

Comment

Military aren't employees, they're "property". Not in the strictest sense of the term, but they're not civilians either.

Comment

It is impossible to bargain collectively with the government.”
          George Meany -- the former president of the A.F.L.-C.I.O -- in 1955.

Even President Franklin Roosevelt, a friend of private-sector unionism, drew a line when it came to government workers: "Meticulous attention," the president insisted in 1937, "should be paid to the special relations and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the Government....The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service." The reason? F.D.R. believed that "[a] strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to obstruct the operations of government until their demands are satisfied. Such action looking toward the paralysis of government by those who have sworn to support it is unthinkable and intolerable."

Across the country, state and local governments are being crushed by huge deficits and debts, often caused by the disproportionately generous salaries, benefits, and pensions pledged to unionized public workers. How did so many of America's public em...
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Military aren't employees, they're "property". Not in the strictest sense of the term, but they're not civilians either.
            This.
            I remember when I was going through the School Of Infantry after boot camp in the Marine Corps, we had one instructor tell us we couldn't get any tattoos during training. He said if we did we would be punishable under the UCMJ(Uniform Code Of Military Justice) for destruction of Government property.

Although none of us knew if he was blowing smoke up out asses or not we damn sure didn't go out and get a tattoo to test the theory. lol

Comment

We've got one big thread for Craiglist Deals and shit, what about one big thread for FTP?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                We've got one big thread for Craiglist Deals and shit, what about one big thread for FTP?
                I take it your OCD is once again making you twitch? Take your meds, dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                  This.
                  I remember when I was going through the School Of Infantry after boot camp in the Marine Corps, we had one instructor tell us we couldn't get any tattoos during training. He said if we did we would be punishable under the UCMJ(Uniform Code Of Military Justice) for destruction of Government property.

Although none of us knew if he was blowing smoke up out asses or not we damn sure didn't go out and get a tattoo to test the theory. lol
                  Yep, same reason you have to ask permission to do anything in the military. You signed away minimum 8 years of your life away.

Comment

Solid police work.

Officers answering 911 call go to wrong house, shoot man in neck after he refused to drop handgun, investigators say

Comment

Originally posted by Svo85.5 View Post
                      Always "administrative leave" never "Immediately arrested and pending charges while being held."

Comment

Working...
                      X