Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a postcard in the mail about my driving skilz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a postcard in the mail about my driving skilz!

I got this postcard in the mail. It was mailed with my name and address. I consider it a true privilege and honor that someone would go through so much effort to recognize and compliment my driving skill and ability:

Last edited by quikag; 06-07-2016, 09:41 AM.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Was the car in front of you a left lane camper?

Comment

Haha, at least he didn't get out and shoot you.

Comment

They are just jealous of the vette, looks like it was an off duty cop?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          Was the car in front of you a left lane camper?
          Most likely. I don't ride bumpers typically unless it is someone parked in the left lane. At least I didn't run the off-duty cop into the barricade when I tried to pass on the shoulder.

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          They are just jealous of the vette, looks like it was an off duty cop?
          Don't normally drive the Vette and typically don't drive like an ass. It was probably in my SUV which I daily. Yeah, most likely off-duty cop being a self-righteous ass.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

This is hilarious.

I drive like an ass when other people camp in the left lane. I've contemplated numerous times about making signs and laminating them. That way, as I am passing them in the right lane, I can let them know how I feel. Or, the fact that I signaled to move over to the right as they were flying up on my ass and began changing lanes with no blinker to move around me after coming out of nowhere. I'm usually moving at 8 over in the fast lane, and if they come out of no where, in my area, they've got to be doing 95 plus, I check my mirrors frequently so as not to be the ass hat in the left lane.
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

But but I thought they couldn't run your plates!

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
                But but I thought they couldn't run your plates!
                They aren't supposed to through their computer database; however they can have a paid subscription online and use that. I know a few officers that have those subscriptions

Comment

Is the postcard missing the mailing address?

Comment

"Leave one car length per 10MPH".... HA! Try that in Dallas and you're going to have 6 cars that squeeze in.

Comment

Why didn't that cop stop and do his job? Highly doubtful it was a cop. Just some dolts hired by the city to tool around and send out this stupid shit.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        Is the postcard missing the mailing address?
                        I cropped the mailing address obviously, but it was mailed to my name and my home address.

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Why didn't that cop stop and do his job? Highly doubtful it was a cop. Just some dolts hired by the city to tool around and send out this stupid shit.
                        It didn't seem to be official correspondence. No return address and I doubt some official government office would send out a "You're a terrible driver and we've noticed" postcard. A little childish IMO.
                        Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

Some anal rentative somebody who thinks they're doing the world a service using their subscription to public data.com. No way it's government without a return address. Could you imagine the "you hurt my feelings" lawsuits?
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

It's amusing on one level, but on another what if the guy decided to take it to the next level? Would he show up at my house or vandalize my property to teach me a lesson? I don't like that mentally unstable people have access to find out a person's name and home address from a license plate.

My name and address were computer printed on a label. He/she then took the time to affix an additional 3 labels (following too closely, tailgating cop, and failure to signal) on one side of a pre-made postcard and then use a 'forever' stamp to send it to me. So, figure at least a buck of hard cost and a few minutes of time to notify me that based on his/her professional or unprofessional opinion, I was driving like a jackass.

It really is kind of disturbing people are so self-righteous as to do something like that and likely utilize resources at their job (off-duty cop or similar) to get access to vehicle owner/address info.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Grammatical error on the card, disregard.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X