Car seats in a new Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car seats in a new Mustang?

Anyone have a new Mustang that they use a car seat in the back for the kiddos? What ages? Car seat brand, style? Any cons?

The lease is up on our Edge that my wife drives and I am thinking she needs a Mustang now.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Though I had a car seat in my old s-197 with very few issues, I could not imagine putting a kids seat in the new one. My daughter is seven now and is cramped with the booster seat.

Comment

get ready for never ending tiny shoe prints on the back of your front seats. Other than that no big deal.

Comment

I'm looking at the Ecoboost 4cyl for her. Gets better gas mileage than her Edge and has the styling of the new Mustang. She says "but we have to swap car seats all the time". Ugh, $200 fix. Next? Hailey is old enough now that she can strap herself in just needs to be double checked so the argument about one of us leaning back there to do it is nil too.

Are the seats worse than the SN95 backs in regards to space?

I can't wait to cage this thing and rear seat delete and put her car seat in the middle attached to a frame. Another thread though.

Comment

Seats are much more roomy in the newer model; i have 1 car seat and 1 booster seat in the back of my 15 and have no issues with room. I'm only 5'4 so that could be one reason but I have family that pushes 6' and has rode in the backseat with out any issue

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
            Seats are much more roomy in the newer model; i have 1 car seat and 1 booster seat in the back of my 15 and have no issues with room. I'm only 5'4 so that could be one reason but I have family that pushes 6' and has rode in the backseat with out any issue
            Thanks. My wife is only 5'2" and it will be her car.

Comment

I actually took the larger of the seats with me when I went car shopping; the salesman looked at me funny as I was installing it in the car but he got over it...

Comment

I actually took the larger of the seats with me when I went car shopping; the salesman looked at me funny as I was installing it in the car but he got over it...
                If they want to sell me a car, they better open the door and help me put the SOB (car seat, not the kid) in there.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  If they want to sell me a car, they better open the door and help me put the SOB (car seat, not the kid) in there.
                  Agreed I have done this for the past few cars. Carseats were tight in my 2015 Mustang, esp rear facing, that was a bitch, front facing not too bad but my 4yr old son has NO room for his legs, he has to sit indian style. A vert would make it much nicer than a coupe.
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

My daughter is only 3, but she's very very tall. As said above, just be prepared for foot prints on the back of the seat, but she fits just fine(2016 model). I WANNA GO FAST DADDY!!!

Comment

We'll both of my kids are on the shorter side of the spectrum;

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                        I preferred to do it myself after watching the salesman attempt to install it the last go round...

Comment

I have a rear facing and a booster in mine everyday. I have the quick attach base for the rear facing and with that it makes it very uncomfortable for a front passenger. If I just secure it with the seatbelt and no base it is liveable. I keep my daughters booster behind my seat, she is almost 5, I have to scoot my seat up but it isn't bad. I am 5'11" for reference, I haul them both around daily.

Comment

I've got two boosters in my S197, but one of them has a flat bottom on the seat so I have to put a towel under it in the center of the rear seat to make it sit level due to the profile of the seat. I have a 8.5 year old boy and a 5.5 year old boy both in the 80th percentile for height and they fit ok, it's do-able.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I put my son's car seat in a 2015 GT last year to see how well that worked He fit fine but the front seat has to come up a bit. He was 3yo and about 34 inches at the time. My wife is 5'4" and she was still Ok and the front passenger seat. There is no way I could have done this behind my seat.

The fit isn't really the problem. The problem is putting your kid in the car. If they are still small, then you'll have to bend over a lot to put them into the seat. Most toddlers should be able to get in themselves but you'll still be bending over the buckle them in. Also, if the kid is sleeping, you're going to kill yourself getting them in or out.

If you're dead set on a coupe, go check out a Challenger. The back seat is huge when compared to the Stang or Camaro. I found it relatively easy to step into the back and put my boy in or take him out. He helped me out by napping the entire time.

Be sure your insurance covers chiropractor adjustments. You'll be needing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X