Latemodel Resto Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latemodel Resto Customer Service

So I guess I have been spoiled by summit and jegs, every time I get something elsewhere and have an issue I regret not buying it from summit/jegs. On another note, do you find that you get better customer service from women than men? I always get some shit when dealing with a guy on the phone, and the ladies usually take care of business w/o issue.

Anyways I ordered a timing cover from LMR, it had some casting issues, I had to fly out of town the next day so I called them from out of state, I was under a time crunch and I needed to get a replacement ASAP so I could get it on the motor as soon as I returned. The guy I spoke with wanted pics before he did anything so had to wait until I got back in town, take pics, let him decided on what to do, and then get a replacement part. They took care of it in the end but Summit/Jegs would have replaced it no questions asked.

Round 2, the stock baffle broke on my tank at my last race, causing the car to cut out on right handed turns, I was worried that an aftermarket tank would have a shitty baffle in it compared to OEM, they advertise that they are good as OEM so I ordered the kit from LMR, it gets here and sure enough, the baffle looks like shit, I would prob have issues turning right with this tank if it was below half tank, the OEM tank was good to near empty until the baffle broke. This is important to me for longer races where the car cutting out for 1 second could cost me several positions on the racetrack. I call them up, tell them whats up, they said they have heard of no such issues with the tank, I said ok if I install it and it's shit, can I pull it and get a refund, they said no. So I said ok I guess I will return it, and they want me to pay return shipping on it. Same thing as before, if this happened with Summit/Jegs, I could choose either option and they would take care of it. I think at this point I am going to raise hell and try to get them to pay for return shipping on it.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

drive down and throw it through their window, discount tire style.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

don't forget to shit in it first.

Comment

I had an issue when I bought multiple items at one time. One of the items didn't arrive. They had to "investigate" what happened before the could move forward since they were sure they packed everything into one box. I eventually received the item, but it was almost more trouble than it was worth.

Comment

Damn, they must be going through the ole, "we are so successful, fuck you!" syndrome.

Well anything I have bought from them has always been good, except for that that clutch (TOB) issue and they rectified it with no questions asked. Of course I had to pay the R&R on the tranny, but at least they stood behind their product.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            the ladies usually take care of business w/o issue.
            Bitches love to give great customer service.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Summit rocks, I've only had to send back a duplicate order to lmr. Luckily it was cheap. Only ordered twice due to their system being slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Damn, they must be going through the ole, "we are so successful, fuck you!" syndrome
                This is what Im thinking

LMR has been known from the beginning for their great customer service and would do anything to make the customer happy...Is it still the same owner I wonder?

Comment

I thought they were an advertiser on here, what happened??

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                  You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Roughly the same story I had with Rock Auto. I just don't buy shit from them anymore. It's only difficult when they're the only one who sells that item like LMR does. I haven't had a problem with LMR, but I wish jegs or summit had those specialty items too.

So, I vote discount tire style too! Make sure to post it on facebook and twit about it on your snapchat!

Comment

There a VERY small company compared to jegs/summit so they will make it as hard as possible before they give a full refund for a item they cant resell once they get it back if theres a issue with it. I've had numerous issues with stuff from them but in the end they will take care of it. One time it took 4 oreders to get a set of camber plates that wasn't missing parts,last time i called on it and i made the dumbass open the box before he shipped it,now that was a cluster fuck.

Comment

Working...
                      X