Showtime subscription without cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime subscription without cable

I've been dreading dropping cable because my wife and I enjoy watching a few of Showtime's series. Looks like they finally came around and we can now subscribe to Showtime without going through a cable provider.

Showtime Subscriptions

Looks like it's $8.99/month with an Amazon Prime membership and $10.99/month for roku.

Yup we'll be adding it with prime (already have prime) when homeland comes back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

We signed up thru Amazon, binge watched Shameless and Ray Donovan latest seasons. Still watching a few others, but probably cancel it and snag HBO on Roku for a month or 2.

Comment

I have it on Hulu for $8.99 a month

Comment

I had a talk with Frontier on Friday...ready to drop this crap.

One question, what do you guys do to catch the Rangers and Mavs games? I currently use Fox Sports Southwest (576 on Fios) and this channel only comes with their Extreme Package ($280 a month right now with 4 boxes and net).

I went ahead and cancelled so starting 6/24 I no longer have the games
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I just signed up for Starz on prime last night because I wanted to see Ant Man. I am ready to kick direct TV to the curb if I can grab a few more channels. Wife already had prime so only 8.99 a month.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
              I had a talk with Frontier on Friday...ready to drop this crap.

One question, what do you guys do to catch the Rangers and Mavs games? I currently use Fox Sports Southwest (576 on Fios) and this channel only comes with their Extreme Package ($280 a month right now with 4 boxes and net).

I went ahead and cancelled so starting 6/24 I no longer have the games
              Fox Sports Southwest is usually the only place I can ever seem to find the Rangers game on, unless it's on s local chanel, which is rare.

I have not found anywhere I can buy or stream Fox Sports Sourhwest

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                Fox Sports Southwest is usually the only place I can ever seem to find the Rangers game on, unless it's on s local chanel, which is rare.

I have not found anywhere I can buy or stream Fox Sports Sourhwest
                well I can stream it through their app, but you have to chose who your provider is and log on with that id...so yeah, kinda forces you into a spot.

I concluded that listening to the game on the radio is the only way to go, back to the 30's and the original way the game was enjoyed.

Told the wife that we will just have to start going to the games
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Showtime.... Starz....

Kodi + Genesis App = Free

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                    Showtime.... Starz....

What is Kodi and Genesis and how the hell does it work?? I like free.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                      well I can stream it through their app, but you have to chose who your provider is and log on with that id...so yeah, kinda forces you into a spot.

I concluded that listening to the game on the radio is the only way to go, back to the 30's and the original way the game was enjoyed.

Told the wife that we will just have to start going to the games
                      what app are you using to stream fox southwest?

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                        Showtime.... Starz....

If you want crap streaming quality, sure why not.

OP, Sling TV has FSSW and they play the Rangers games on there. If pay 3 months in advance you get a free Roku 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                          What is Kodi and Genesis and how the hell does it work?? I like free.
                          You need a device to install it on. I use FireTV and firesticks, but they have some very expensive streaming media players it will work on too.

Kodi is a program, and Genesis is an add on to that program.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've seen the other team's broadcast on Kodi before but never FSSW. I'm sure it's available but unless it's soccer live sports on Kodi are horribly unreliable.

Anything you'd want to watch on showtime or hbo will be on there though and easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                              If you want crap streaming quality, sure why not.
                              lol

Genesis can be slow. I like streaming games on C-Cloud. Great picture quality. Caught a few Rangers games and the draft that way. BP - Check out C-Cloud.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X