New Ballpark with AC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    Want to bet they don't have plans to and are playing on everyones fears to get a new stadium? Downtown Dallas isn't Baltimore's Harborfront, nor is it the arts district like Detroit. Downtown Dallas isnt even like Houston. Good luck getting most people there on game day when mass transit is minimal at best
    Yeah, the fucking mavericks and stars games are completely empty.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

They need to open up the outfield and get more airflow going.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Yeah, the fucking mavericks and stars games are completely empty.
        Here is the seating capacity for AA:

Capacity Basketball: 19,200, up to 21,146 with standing room
        Ice hockey: 18,532, up to 19,323 with standing room
        Concerts: 21,000

Both the Mavs & Stars play 41 regular season games each at home plus any Pre & Post Season Games.

Lets get to parking all those cars:

Over 5,000 parking spaces are available for American Airlines Center guests. The majority of these parking spaces are conveniently located within two blocks of American Airlines Center. In addition, there are over 3,000 parking spaces to the South and East of American Airlines Center within easy walking distance.

Now where in downtown Dallas are you going to plant an MLB Stadium that seats 40-50K that`s near a major freeway, has ample year round foot traffic ( i.e. West End ), and still has a sufficient amount of acreage to park all those cars and still wont screw up weekday rush hour traffic while 30,000 plus people are trying to drive to the game 81-90 days a year - Plus any days in which either the Mavs/Stars & Rangers are at home on the same day?

The Rangers` current location for the most part places them right in the middle of DFW which is still an area that by in large refuses to accept mass transit and is still beholden to the automobile for most means of transportation which means downtown Dallas falls short. That`s even before you get to the point that most people *WON`T* go to certain areas which pretty much limits where the stadium could be built.

If they can come up with a plan that guarantees it doesn't cost more in sales taxes in addition to what is already being charged, irregardless of what happens in the next 4-8 years, then I say go for it. As it is now, I don't see why I ( or anyone else ) must pay an additional tax over and above of the .50 cents of "luxury taxes" for every $100 one spends in Arlington because The Rangers feel they deserve their own solid gold pot to piss in because Jerry got his.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          I was actually surprised they didn't design the Ballpark as a covered and air conditioned stadium. I'm one of those people that has enough sense to stay away from open air bleachers on a 105* July afternoon, and I'd probably go to more games if it was comfortable.

Current gate receipts are $71 million annually... and they would expect to add $73 million more revenue every year?
          Exactly. I am sure that they are going to cook up some crock of shit "analysis" to sell to the voters to get the votes they need.

I have nothing against the Rangers but they aren't going anywhere. The Dallas city council couldn't lure them away if they tried. The idea that Reunion Arena could be a venue is a pipe dream, the area can't handle the traffic.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The only thing reunion arena has goin for it is the dart rail is there. But be honest, how many texans are going to ride the rail to a sporting event? Do thu do it now when the fair is open? Or to the AA?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              The only thing reunion arena has goin for it is the dart rail is there. But be honest, how many texans are going to ride the rail to a sporting event? Do thu do it now when the fair is open? Or to the AA?
              That is true. Getting the traffic in and out of there is the biggest issue. On any given day that area is a total mess as it is and they have been building new shit down there for years. I can't imagine what would happen if you added baseball game traffic to that.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I'm convinced they want to have something as nice as Cowboy Stadium. They should just leave shit alone. I've been to Tropicana Field and it sucks. It looks cool, but it sucks...
                The Ballpark being 15 years older is still nicer than Jerry World.

Comment

People need to stop bitching about the heat and grow a pair. The majority of their home games star at 7 pm and the heat isn't that bad at that time.

Comment

Working...
                  X