Allergy Drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergy Drops

I've been getting my ass kicked lately by allergies, and no amount of meds seem to help.

I was doing some research and came across a treatment similar to weekly shots but administered as a liquid drop under your tongue.

Has anyone else tried this? I was thinking about giving it a try as I'm desperate for a final solution, not just treating the symptoms over and over.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

subscribing...

I'm in same boat man. Tired of this shit. I did the turbinate(sp) procedure, prescription meds for allergies, shit is jut not cutting it throughout the year. The drops is something I have never heard, but will read up on. I was actually thinking of doing the allergy shots, but that shit isn't cheap, especially on the 1st part of the shots, then having to pay for new serum and all.

Comment

Whats the turbinate procedure?

I actually just trying calling a couple of allergy clinics nearby to get more info about the drops but no one answered.

Comment

It didn't help with allergies, just to help me breath a lot better. Shit only lasted a little over year.

Learn how nasal turbinates can cause nasal obstruction or congestion as well as how it can be treated.

Allergist I see:

Elliot Ginchansky, M.D.

He didn't do the procedure nor did he recommend me. I just started reading up on clearing nasal passages and came across this procedure and got reffered to them from my primary dr.

Comment

Yeah, I saw a Dr about that years ago thinking it might help, but its more about clearing up constant breathing issues rather than seasonal allergies. Lord knows I would have done it if I thought it would help.

Comment

Allergies are the worst I've experienced in years. Effing MISERABLE every morning.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Had shots when I was a kid, never the drops. Allergies have improved over time but still there. The only thing I have found to really help with congestion when it flares up is 4way nasal spray and its generic counterparts. It doesn't cure it, just gets rid of it temporarily, but better than anything else I know of. Temporary relief is awesome when you can't breath.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

My allergies are more intense. Lots of sneezing and itchy eyes and nose. I can't function

Comment

Nothing seems top help. I've considered moving, but the top 10 low allergen cities all suck.

Portland, Ore.
                  Seattle, Wash.
                  San Diego, Calif.
                  Sacramento, Calif.
                  Albany, NY
                  Salt Lake City, Utah
                  Stockton, Calif.
                  San Jose, Calif.
                  Colorado Springs, Colo.
                  Daytona Beach, Fla.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    Allergies are the worst I've experienced in years. Effing MISERABLE every morning.
                    Lack of good hard freeze means a lot of stuff that should have died off over winter didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                      Lack of good hard freeze means a lot of stuff that should have died off over winter didn't
                      This.

Warning: Unsolicited medical advice ahead... Disclaimer--"this advice does not constitute a physician/patient relationship and is not intended to diagnose or treat a specific disease"

Try a combination of Allegra 180 mg daily, Flonase 2 sprays/nostril daily (both OTC) and if that is not effective get an Rx for Singulair 10 mg daily to add to it. The drops are effective for some people but generally not as effective as immunotherapy with injections.

Dr Slingshot.
                      '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

My wife is doing the drops. Shes allergic to everything on some level. Shes been on them since January of this year and there has already been some small improvements.
                        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Nothing seems top help. I've considered moving, but the top 10 low allergen cities all suck.

Portland, Ore.
                          Seattle, Wash.
                          San Diego, Calif.
                          Sacramento, Calif.
                          Albany, NY
                          Salt Lake City, Utah
                          Stockton, Calif.
                          San Jose, Calif.
                          Colorado Springs, Colo.
                          Daytona Beach, Fla.
                          I was looking at land in Co because of allergies when I came across the drops.

Originally posted by slingshot View Post
                          This.

Warning: Unsolicited medical advice ahead... Disclaimer--"this advice does not constitute a physician/patient relationship and is not intended to diagnose or treat a specific disease"

Try a combination of Allegra 180 mg daily, Flonase 2 sprays/nostril daily (both OTC) and if that is not effective get an Rx for Singulair 10 mg daily to add to it. The drops are effective for some people but generally not as effective as immunotherapy with injections.

Dr Slingshot.
                          Already on singulair and flonase with very mild effectiveness. Might try adding in allegra. I just hate the idea of pumping myself full of chemicals to treat the symptom rather than the cause.

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                          My wife is doing the drops. Shes allergic to everything on some level. Shes been on them since January of this year and there has already been some small improvements.
                          I tried the shots when I was younger but I didn't stick with them due to patience, time and money. Now I might be more inclined to really stick with the shots but a drop seems so much easier to add to my daily routine. Glad she has seen some improvement.

Comment

Allergena Tx trees. Currently taking it. It will kickyour ass at first. But it seems to be working. Had a cough for a month straight. Started taking this an cough was drastically reduced in one day. Isle 18 at HEB

Comment

Got an appt for the allergist next week. I'll try the drops for a year and see what happens. It might not be an immediate solution, but hopefully its a more permanent solution. Costs about 500 a year from what they told me over the phone, but I'm more than willing to gamble that money to be allergy free.

Comment

Working...
                              X