This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend

I have forgotten how much being in the field for a weekend hurts. I was getting certified to be on search and rescue ground teams and was out doing simulated downed aircraft recovery and search for lost people stuff during day and night missions. Cool stuff. Add in I'm the oldest one out there and I have a bunch of cadets ranging in age from 12 to 17 and I've been part of this group 3 weeks and I'm tasked with running logs and keeping headings on these missions and we're running these back to back searching using all sorts of neat toys and ... yeah, I hurt.

I ran those kids and everyone else assigned to 'my' team into the ground and we ran off of 2 hours of sleep a day. The cadets were happy but tired and I was exhausted but I kept getting asked why I wasn't tired, how my uniform was always pressed and my boots shiny. Hey, I have a reputation to keep so during down time I was buffing out my jump boots and marching up and down the line reminding everyone to drink water and look after each other. It was a blast.

That said...I hurt in places I forgot I still had.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool
Working...
X