Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience with the Lexus IS250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any experience with the Lexus IS250?

I like the looks, and the fact that it's available in a six speed V6 RWD format, but beyond that, I don't know much about them. Was looking for some honest opinions on them. TIA for anyone that can help.

My gf has one.

I love it.

How's that for an expert review?

Comment

i've contemplated buying one (is350). But its borrrring to drive. its like an appliance. the is250 is gutless wonder. the rear seats are really cramped for adults. trunk is somewhat small and i don't think you can fold down the rear seats.

on the pluses, its a smooth drive and comfortable.
      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I rode in a co-workers to lunch a few times. It feels small and cramped inside but IIRC you are tiny so that shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Comment

Slow, cramped interior, expensive. You can get more car for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
            I rode in a co-workers to lunch a few times. It feels small and cramped inside but IIRC you are tiny so that shouldn't be too big of an issue.
            Tiny is relative, but yeah I'm 5'7" and the wife is 5'5".
            Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            Slow, cramped interior, expensive. You can get more car for the money.
            I dunno about more car for the money, I mean I want a quick (apparently this one isn't) rwd standard trans four door car, and these with ~50k miles on them are slipping under the $20k mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
              I dunno about more car for the money, I mean I want a quick (apparently this one isn't) rwd standard trans four door car, and these with ~50k miles on them are slipping under the $20k mark.
              its far from quick. it runs like a mid 16 in 1/4. Have you looked at g35/37's ? those sedans are alot faster mid 14's, comparable features and amenities.
              Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

My wife has a is250 and I have a G37. The Lexus has a smoother ride and is built a little more quality in my opinion. My G37 is far more fun to drive, but is a sport so it's not as smooth. I think I pay $15 more a month. If you want something a little more luxury go with the is250 or 350. If you want something a little more fun, get a G35/37.

Comment

brother has one, really like it, but it is small.

Comment

Is there still free parking for Rangers games?
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      yes

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                        Tiny is relative, but yeah I'm 5'7" and the wife is 5'5".

The 04-08 TL is more car for the money. Its fwd, but its a beast compared to the is250.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          Yes.

It's not a perfect car by any means, but I daily drive a Tahoe (or did until some drunk whore totaled it for me) so of course it's going to feel sporty to me.

The back seat is a bit small. It's usually just me and my gf so it's not that big of a concern. As for trunk space, it's like the car itself... not giant, but we haven't had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                            The 04-08 TL is more car for the money. Its fwd, but its a beast compared to the is250.
                            FWD sucks.

I like the 6 speed IS, but I think a G35 would be more fun, more room, more features and are a bit less expensive.

Comment

I don't know about the 250, but I have a friend who has the 350 and I loved it! She told me it had some pep to it, and she wasn't lying. I really liked the paddle shifters and the touch screen navigation as well. Yes the car might be over priced, but I would roll it!
                              Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Working...
                              X