Anyone have a tree removed/cut down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a tree removed/cut down?

I have a chainsaw and would do it myself, but this tree is over my shop in the backyard and it is also probably 40' tall. Lightening hit it and blew up the trunk. I am afraid it is going to fall. What kind of price can I expect?

CN

CN

Comment

You got a winch on anything? I learned how to drop mine exactly where I wanted them with a winch and a chainsaw.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Would your home insurance cover it?

Comment

That Mustang has some rust on it.

Comment

tie up one side like stated above and cut it. It should fall where you want it too. If not build a new shop

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              That Mustang has some rust on it.
              Not much. That is old red primer. I would prefer that it does not fall on it either.

CN

Comment

Not sure if insurance would cover it. Seems like more trouble than it is worth.

CN

Comment

CN

Comment

I paid 800.00 to have one taken down that was close to my Mom's house a few years ago.

mardyn

Comment

Depending on exactly how close to the shop it hangs and how big it is is estimate $600-$800 range; I do landscaping on the side and most tree jobs that are roughly that size go for that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                        Depending on exactly how close to the shop it hangs and how big it is is estimate $600-$800 range; I do landscaping on the side and most tree jobs that are roughly that size go for that price range.
                        Looks like I will be doing it myself for that kind of coin. Crazy part is that there is tree parts all over the yard. Some of it hit the back of the house that is about 40' away.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                          Looks like I will be doing it myself for that kind of coin. Crazy part is that there is tree parts all over the yard. Some of it hit the back of the house that is about 40' away.

CN
                          Where do you live? If it's not to far I could come by and check it out; I could possibly do it for cheaper than I mentioned above

Comment

That looks easy, especially if only 40' tall. You could rent a 10k# mini ex for a day for under $400 and dig it up/push it over. I just dug up/pushed over five trees quite a bit bigger than on my property. You could just tie a rope to it and apply some pressure in the direction you want it to go. Looks like it's weighted away from your shop, but with a good wedge and proper cutting it'll fall away from shop

(Not a licensed arborist, but I've cut some trees)

Comment

The top of the tree is over the shop. Tree grew up and then curves that way. There are two main trunks. I think I will get my truck back there and see if I can pull it the other way. Hopefully it is not too wet back there. Will update. Wish me luck.

CN

Comment

Working...
                              X