Last night's storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night's storms

Did anyone else get hit hard last night with the wind and rain? It was a mess in Hurst and I still didn't have power when I got up this morning.

I don't know what they plant in the flowers here, but it keeps missing us.

Comment

Always misses us in south Irving.

Comment

Same thing in The Colony...a bit of wind and sprinkles
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

We got hit with a lot of wind and no rain. I had peoples trash in my yard, fences knocked down in the hood, stop signs flying around, trampolines in the wrong yards. Fun times.

Comment

Heavy wind and lightening for about 10 minutes. We lost power for a couple of hours, but not too bad. The double rainbow after it passed us sure was pretty though.

Comment

Blew the gas pump awning over at the corner store in Greenville I pass on my way to work. Mom said the power went out for about 5 minutes at 10p and then all hell broke loose south of Greenville.

We got pretty windy around 3a in Rockwall, but not much rain.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Just rain here last night.

If you are apt to believe Pete Delkus, we have two rounds of major storms blowing through tonight/tomorrow that can include 50-60mph winds and hail. Round 1 (8PM-Midnight) / Round 2 (3AM-9AM) for all of D/FW

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  Blew the gas pump awning over at the corner store in Greenville I pass on my way to work. Mom said the power went out for about 5 minutes at 10p and then all hell broke loose south of Greenville.

We got pretty windy around 3a in Rockwall, but not much rain.
                  Nothing major in Bedford. The Tornado alarm scared the shit out of me when it went off. I had headphones on listening to music and didn't realize the party started until that loud ass siren went off.

Comment

I was standing on my front porch, watching our 60' pine trees sway back-and-forth about thirty degrees either way. It was impressive. Then I started hearing a crack-crack-snap and a big dead oak tree limb fell about ten feet from me. That will get your attention.

We ended up losing four limbs last night. Got a sweet walking stick out of the deal!

I've only half-ass cleaned it up because they're expecting strong winds again tonight.
                    Last edited by 46Tbird; 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Last nights hail is being blamed for our AC not working, at work.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post

If you are apt to believe Pete Delkus, we have two rounds of major storms blowing through tonight/tomorrow that can include 50-60mph winds and hail. Round 1 (8PM-Midnight) / Round 2 (3AM-9AM) for all of D/FW
                        Ughhh!!!! Hope everyone stays safe. All you Ballers park your hot rods in the garage!

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post

If he has his sleeves rolled up, I believe him.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
                            All you Ballers park your hot rods in the garage!
                            Speaking of this, did anyone else watch FOX / Channel 4 news this morning?

A huge oak tree was pulled out of the ground by the wind, and fell right on top of a trio of '80s Japanese cars. Hondas, I think. The news girl was saying that the owner was very upset because they put them in the driveway of their neighbor's empty house to try to protect them from the storm. That sucks!

To add insult to injury, she was talking shit about the little cars, too! Something to the effect of, "I don't know why, but I guess some people like those."

Vid here, but without her comments: http://www.fox4news.com/news/139836515-story
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That's sad, but she does have a point.

Comment

Working...
                              X