Cowboys' new headquarters an eye-popping $1.5 billion marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys' new headquarters an eye-popping $1.5 billion marvel

The Dallas Cowboys' new headquarters — dubbed The Star — might be Jerry Jones' most extravagant vision to date.

Let's start with the pricetag — a whopping $1.5 billion. Jones' AT&T Stadium was built at a cost of $1.3 billion in 2008.

The Dallas Morning News breaks down the financial structure, for example, the city of Frisco, Texas and its school district are funding a combined $90 million to the facility.

High school football is a big part of The Star's attraction, and the reason the school district is a part-owner. The integration with schools from surround areas is a major part of the facility.

The real wow factor is found in The Star's amenities. The Cowboy Club membership offers a terrace view to watch practice; the Cowboys Fit Club (where the cheerleaders work out); talks given by coaches, players and owners; dining options; private and corporate meeting space; billiards tables and a private rooftop swimming pool.

There's a hotel, event center, a 200,000-square foot sports medicine facility, restaurants, state-of-the-art War Room featuring an interactive video wall, and tons more.

There's even a hot tub for Cowboys players named "Lake Landry," which is reported to be one of the largest ever built and is described as having "insane" technology.

So what exactly will the Frisco SCHOOL district get out of this? How exactly do you get a school district to do that?

They'll be playing games there. I think one weekend this fall all the FISD teams are playing there. They get the Allen ISD stadium on steroids without having to pay for the whole thing. Not to mention all the other tax dollars coming into Frisco, some of which will flow to FISD.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      They'll be playing games there. I think one weekend this fall all the FISD teams are playing there. They get the Allen ISD stadium on steroids without having to pay for the whole thing. Not to mention all the other tax dollars coming into Frisco, some of which will flow to FISD.
      I'm sure a few people will receive memberships there as well.

Comment

Van trust is also developing the areas immediately to the north and west with office and residential. Frisco will get a lot of tax revenue.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Where are they putting this thing and what roads will need to be expanded to support it's location there??
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            Where are they putting this thing and what roads will need to be expanded to support it's location there??
            NW corner of Warren and the North Dallas Tollroad.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

There is also an entrance off of Lebanon west of DNT

Frisco is getting rediculous amounts of traffic. Eldorado, main, Lebanon are all already gridlock in rush hour

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                Frisco is getting rediculous amounts of traffic. Eldorado, main, Lebanon are all already gridlock in rush hour
                that why I be like fuck frisco
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

it's not that bad.... yet

well Preston sucks all day

Comment

Another 20 years of mediocrity, nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                      Another 20 years of mediocrity, nothing to see here.
                      No way, Jerry just bought the next SB win with this 1.5!

Comment

It is so nice of SVO to fund these projects for Jerry!

Comment

LOL at SVO and Nay tags! Nicely done, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                            It is so nice of SVO to fund these projects for Jerry!
                            Mr Jones funds me to the tune of about 8k per year and not the other way around.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I thought you were the one giving it to him, not getting it from him.....

Comment

Working...
                              X