Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    This is why I enjoy Ag exemption.
    ag exemption only helps your land..doesnt help your house. You should have 1 acre sectioned off that you are taxed at normal rates for your 1 acre and improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Do you have to have animals for that?
      I had an old farmer ask me, when I was complaining about my taxes several years ago, if I had grass at my place. When I told him yes, he said "Claim hay." So...hay is an ag product. From the pdf "Producing crops for human food, animal feed, or planting seed or for the production
      of fibers"

As far as your house, homestead it. I have homestead, ag and disability exemption. My tax rate for the house and 10.5 acres is zero.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I had an old farmer ask me, when I was complaining about my taxes several years ago, if I had grass at my place. When I told him yes, he said "Claim hay." So...hay is an ag product. From the pdf "Producing crops for human food, animal feed, or planting seed or for the production
        of fibers"

As far as your house, homestead it. I have homestead, ag and disability exemption. My tax rate for the house and 10.5 acres is zero.
        I claim improved pasture (hay) as well.
        I have 2 acres fenced around my house and use the other 20 for pasture.
        If you ever loose your ag exemption it will take 5 years or so to get it back, so do what you have to do to maintain it.
        It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Exactly. Don't lose your exemptions. Most of my place is trees and grown up grass because I don't need it or touch it. All wildlife stuff
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Wasn't even close for me, I'm far better off in TX.
            I'm sure you were, and are, in a very different tax situation than me.

Comment

of fibers"

I have homestead exemption, it helps, but not much.

Comment

Working...
              X