need a new disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new disposal

is a 1/2hp disposal a 1/2hp??? what brand am I looking for, why the price differences? ive never put much thought into a disposal, but mine is leaking under the sink.... from the metal unit housing, not from a hose.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Usually the more expensive stuff is noticeably quieter.

Comment

I bought an insink erator branded one because it was septic specific, but it's been trouble free for the few years we've had it installed

Comment

I got a Kennmore ( Sears) 7 years age and it's still good.

Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Usually the more expensive stuff is noticeably quieter.
          that's about the extent of my knowledge.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Insinkerator here as well. I really like their universal "twist on" method on the sink. So if the Insinkerator goes bad, you can easily remove and replace with another Insinkerator without having to remove the fitting off the sink.

And check Home Depot online compared to the in store price before you buy. Last time I bought one, it was a lot cheaper online than in store. So you get them to price match their own online price.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

cool, thanks gents! I guess I really don't care how loud it is since its on maybe 30 seconds at a time! and im sure any newer one will be quieter than this original one that's under there now.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                Insinkerator here as well. I really like their universal "twist on" method on the sink. So if the Insinkerator goes bad, you can easily remove and replace with another Insinkerator without having to remove the fitting off the sink.

And check Home Depot online compared to the in store price before you buy. Last time I bought one, it was a lot cheaper online than in store. So you get them to price match their own online price.

I've had great luck with Insinkerator.

Fun stuff: The disposal finally died at our place on the lake this winter after 26 years. My pops didn't remember it ever being replaced. I bought an insinkerator to replace the insinkerator that finally croaked and it fit like a glove on the quarter century old mount.

It's also impressive because the water down there eats appliances. I swear we've been through 20 ice makers in as many years.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  I bought an insink erator branded one because it was septic specific, but it's been trouble free for the few years we've had it installed
                  Same here, but mine is only 2-3 months old. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                    I've had great luck with Insinkerator.

Fun stuff: The disposal finally died at our place on the lake this winter after 26 years. My pops didn't remember it ever being replaced. I bought an insinkerator to replace the insinkerator that finally croaked and it fit like a glove on the quarter century old mount.

It's also impressive because the water down there eats appliances. I swear we've been through 20 ice makers in as many years.
                    I've been going through microwaves like crazy lately. I made my mom toss her old dial knob one from the 80's when she moved to her new house, and these we've been getting are lasting a bit over a year.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Costco

Comment

ISE is the only one made in the US anymore for what it's worth. The ISE Evolution is the best disposer on the market hands down. ISE is #1 in market share in commercial Foodservice as well.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          ISE is the only one made in the US anymore for what it's worth. The ISE Evolution is the best disposer on the market hands down. ISE is #1 in market share in commercial Foodservice as well.
                          This is what I'll be picking up here in the next few months.

Comment

Chk Craigslist, go used.

Comment

I have an InSinkErator Evolution and you can't even hear it running when its on....

Comment

Working...
                              X