custom license plate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom license plate question

I bought a car recently and it came with a custom plate. The previous car owner let us keep it until it expires, and Jackie wants to renew it. Can I renew it or do I need to have the ownership transferred from the previous owner to me? I should have asked at the tax office when I went by there today.

PO was supposed to keep the plate... custom LP's have to be ordered through myplates.com and you'll likely need to wait till that plate expires then pay for it again if you want it.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Used any toll roads to show how dumb the previous owners are? The tags are registered to the previous owner. You should be able to go to the DMV, show proof of ownership and get them changed out.

Comment

Yes, but I put the plate on my toll tag. I checked to make sure just now and I do see the charges hitting my account.

I will call him and see if he'll let me buy it from him for a $100 or so.

Comment

Found you a new plate.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrone biggums View Post
            found you a new plate.

ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Used any toll roads to show how dumb the previous owners are? The tags are registered to the previous owner. You should be able to go to the DMV, show proof of ownership and get them changed out.
              As a seller, if you fill out and file the proper paperwork with the DMV, the NTTA doesn't have a leg to stand on, so it doesn't matter that the previous owner didn't take the plates off when they sold it.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                custom LP's have to be ordered through myplates.com
                This is a half truth, you can also order custom plates through the DMV at a fraction of the cost of MYPLATES. You can't have more than 5 letter/number combos but you can get a vanity plate from a number of non-profits, schools, colleges, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc. You can take a given number/letter combo or you can choose a custom n/l combo. They are around $40.00 for a year and $70.00 for custom. They mix in the MYPLATES too, but you can tell those because of the 7 letter or T-QWERTY type plates.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  This is a half truth, you can also order custom plates through the DMV at a fraction of the cost of MYPLATES. You can't have more than 5 letter/number combos but you can get a vanity plate from a number of non-profits, schools, colleges, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc. You can take a given number/letter combo or you can choose a custom n/l combo. They are around $40.00 for a year and $70.00 for custom. They mix in the MYPLATES too, but you can tell those because of the 7 letter or T-QWERTY type plates.
                  I was told at the DMV that I had to go to myplates to get personalized plates.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    I was told at the DMV that I had to go to myplates to get personalized plates.
                    Strange, I was told myplates as well, but then again I've got 6 characters on my Fox as well as the wife's tahoe.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      Strange, I was told myplates as well, but then again I've got 6 characters on my Fox as well as the wife's tahoe.
                      dcklvr?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                        I bought a car recently and it came with a custom plate. The previous car owner let us keep it until it expires, and Jackie wants to renew it. Can I renew it or do I need to have the ownership transferred from the previous owner to me? I should have asked at the tax office when I went by there today.
                        Plates stay with the seller

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          dcklvr?
                          Is he the same way about ducks as soap is about cows???

Comment

Working...
                          X